Open Hearts Community Church is an urban church in the Reformed Church in America serving the Godfrey Lee Neighborhood in Wyoming Michigan. We are a smaller 13 year old church deeply invested into neighborhood ministry. We seek to find someone to minister to both the children in our own church, and the children in our neighborhood. See description for details. Please email resumes to Mark Milkamp firstname.lastname@example.org as well as Sally Weener email@example.com. For questions please call 616-452-9417
Children/Youth Ministry Director
Open Hearts Community Church
841Burton SW, Wyoming, MI 49509
Contact: 616.452.9417 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This person provides the leadership and overall program development, coordination, implementation, and direction to volunteers for ministries to the children and youth of Open Hearts Community Church and the surrounding neighborhood.
· Be fully committed to Christ as Savior and Lord
· Is passionate about Children/Youth/Family Ministry and the ministry of Open Hearts Community Church
- Has the ability to provide leadership and effectively communicate with others
· Works well with adults, young people and children
· Is flexible, dependable, creative, and has excellent organization skills
· Is willing to gain additional knowledge and skills in order to improve the ministry
· Has a faithful, available and teachable spirit
- Pray for the volunteers and the families attending Open Hearts.
- Provide leadership and coordination of all programs involving children and young people
- Assist with the recruitment of volunteers.
- Conduct background checks and interview all new volunteers serving within the programs.
- Provide resources for instruction (choose and distribute curriculum). Develop plans for multi-age groupings.
- Plan room use and schedule help as needed for set up for programs/classes
· Develop, distribute and support Children’s/Youth Ministry Policies and Procedures
· On Sunday mornings, greet volunteers and families, and assist where needed
- Schedule regular (every 6-8 week) parent-child activities for neighborhood families
· Attend ongoing training and meetings when necessary.
· Align ministry with the vision/values of the church.
· Assist with planning an annual budget and administer the expenditures related to children’s ministry.
· Work with the Children/Family Ministry Consultant of the Great Lakes City Classis to provide equipping events or opportunities to develop the skills of the volunteers.
· Evaluate effectiveness of the Children/Youth Ministry.
· Meet regularly with the Pastor of Open Hearts for encouragement, accountability and to report any concerns.
Time Commitment: 7-10 hours per week.