Hope Community Church in Surrey, BC, is looking for a full-time youth pastor to serve our growing community. Hope is a church plant that recently moved into a new building in the middle of the Clayton Heights area. We believe that God has called us to bear witness to the good news of Jesus Christ in the midst of our city, and we seek to hire a youth pastor who can help us to embrace this calling more fully through faithful discipleship and missional leadership.
As the job description will show, we seek to hire someone who will provide visionary oversight and pastoral leadership to our growing youth ministry. We believe youth ministry is fundamentally about coming alongside parents in the discipling of the youth in our church. All applicants must have a vibrant faith in Jesus Christ and a deep desire to meaningfully engage the next generation with the gospel.
Our aim is to have someone serving in this position by September 1, 2017.
Inquiries and applications can be sent to email@example.com.
Youth Pastor Job Description
To provide visionary oversight and pastoral leadership to the youth ministry of Hope Community Church. This role will include building and leading a team of volunteers, preparing curriculum, and coming alongside parents in the discipling of the youth in our church. Ultimately, the goal of this ministry is to consistently engage the next generation with the gospel and resource parents to do likewise.
- Has a clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing relationship with Him.
- Articulates and lives into a Gospel-centred, missional understanding of the church.
- Demonstrates the ability to lead, equip, and disciple youth.
- Holds a University / College / Seminary degree or its equivalent in theological studies and/or youth ministry, or willingness to pursue such.
- Has experience in youth ministry or related field.
- Is teachable and open to feedback and accountability.
- The Youth Pastor will provide visionary oversight and pastoral leadership to the youth ministry at of Hope Community Church.
- Provide overall pastoral care for the youth, encouraging their spiritual growth and challenging them to grow in their commitment to Christ and His mission.
- Identify, equip, and support the leadership team.
- Responsible for planning and coordinating youth events (weekly meetings, summer camp program, and serve projects).
- Provide one-on-one mentoring.
- Build and maintain relationships with parents of the youth.
- Provide leadership support and encouragement to Cornerstone children’s ministry.
- Meet with children’s ministry leaders and provide assistance and support as needed.
- Ensure integration of children’s ministry with youth ministry in regards to teaching and curriculum.
- Embody and nurture the intergenerational vision held by Hope Community Church.
- Be an active member of the board of elders.
- Attend staff meetings as scheduled.
- Depending on the candidate, opportunities to preach and/or lead worship may be pursued.
The Youth Pastor is a full-time position. As a member of the Ministry Team, he/she is supervised by the Pastoral staff and shall become a member of Hope Community Church.