Coffee Break and small group leaders in Grand Rapids, MI and Platte, SD experienced a newly revised leadership training where participants led the learning process. We all left tired and inspired!
Here’s what participants said:
- “My questions were answered through interaction with other attendees and leaders.”
- “Helpful - practical - inspiring - encouraging”
- “I loved having everyone participate in a low key way.”
A team of four revised the training using adult dialog education principles. Diane Averill, Ruth Kelder, Marian Lensink and Sam Huizenga worked online together for several weeks and then led the pilot training event in person together in Grand Rapids, at Brookside CRC for 35 participants. Two weeks later, Ruth Kelder led the training in Platte, SD.
Next, the group plans to adapt the training to an online format. We will be looking for brave souls willing to try learning in an online format! If you would like to learn more about online Coffee Break Small Group training or find out what is involved in hosting a workshop, contact us at email@example.com.
Other leadership development resources at your fingertips!
- Leading Bible Discovery - This free digital book is a great resource for personal development or a tool to be used by a group of leaders. Each chapter ends with group discussion questions for shared learning.
- Praying Together in Small Groups - This short webinar, led by Sam Huizenga, gives practical tips on small group prayer.
- Creating an Environment for Growth - In this webinar, Ruth Kelder leads a conversation on the factors that help—or hinder—creating a safe place for people to grow in their faith.
- Story Hour and Little Lambs Webinar- Watch and enjoy this great webinar for Story Hour, Little Lambs and preschool ministry leaders, led by Diane Dykgraaf. It is packed with inspiring tips and helpful tools for teaching 2 - 7 year old children.
- Other webinars and inspiring ideas can be found at the Coffee Break Network page.
- Connect with other leaders by posting your ideas and questions on Coffee Break Groups facebook or Coffee Break Network pages.
- Visit the Coffee Break Website.