Sometimes it feels like church ministries “just happen.” People arrive on Sunday morning and a meaningful worship service awaits them. They send their kids to Sunday school or youth group. They choose from a variety of other activities and programs designed to build faith.
But, as any church staff member or volunteer can tell you, these things don’t just happen. Ministry leaders spend many, many hours planning and searching for creative ideas and resources that will encourage and equip the congregation to grow in faith and glorify God.
If you’re one of those leaders, Faith Formation Ministries is here to help!
Presenting: Faith Formation Toolkits
One of the services we provide is collecting and curating the very best faith formation ideas and resources and then organizing them so you can easily find a resource that meets your needs. We’ve collected hundreds of creative, practical ideas that any church can use or adapt, and we’re presenting them in a series of online toolkits.
Toolkits currently available are:
- the Welcoming Children to the Lord’s Supper toolkit
- the Building Blocks of Faith toolkit
- the Faith Storytelling toolkit
- the Professing Our Faith toolkit
- the Intergenerational Church toolkit
How to Use the Toolkits
While we’ve tried hard to make these toolkits self-explanatory, here are a few tips that will help you navigate them with ease.
Here’s how to get started.
- Toolkits are organized into several “tabs” to help you find resources the fit your needs. Begin with the Start Here tab for some general information about the toolkit.
- Next visit the User’s Guide tab for more introduction.
- If you’re not sure what kind of resource you’re looking for, scan the other tabs to gain an overview of what’s available.
- If you’re looking for a resource to use in a specific setting, the subheads under each tab will help you easily locate what you need.
- As you read through the toolkit, we encourage you to choose four to six ideas that you think would work in your church. Then talk about them with others to settle on one or two ideas that you can implement now.
If you’d like someone to partner with you as you deepen your church’s faith formation practices, our Regional Catalyzers provide coaching and encouragement. This valuable service is offered free of charge—your ministry shares at work!
We’d love to hear how the resources in these toolkits have blessed your congregation. Drop us a line at email@example.com.