Registration opened this week for InterGenerate a conference to be held at the beautiful Lipscomb University in Nashville on June 25-27, 2017.
InterGenerate will be the first ecumenical conference for both practitioners and theorists who are eager to explore what creating an intergenerational culture in each of our contexts might look like.
That conference description alone is enough to make me say, “Count me in!” Here are the other 9 more reasons that I’ll be attending:
- It’s just the right size. InterGenerate will be large enough to hear diverse stories and small enough to connect personally with those who are telling them.
- It includes a wide range of experienced presenters. I can’t wait to learn from and to swap stories with authors, ministry leaders and others who have been nurturing growth in an intergenerational field for years.
- It’s ecumenical. I’m looking forward to hearing about what is happening in intergenerational ministry in other denominations in addition to sharing what is happening in my own.
- The LOGOS experience. We get to gather around a table and experience a meal in LOGOS style. Yum!
- Lilly Lewin’s sacred spaces. I’ve experienced the sacred prayer and worship spaces set up by Lilly Lewin at other conferences and I’m looking forward to spending time in them again.
- What Bethany said. Faith is formed in groups where everyone belongs. I want to learn more about ways to create that kind of culture.
- CRCNA folks will be there. I’m part of the conference planning team and, like my colleagues Ron DeVries, Lesli van Milligen, Shannon Jammal-Hollemans, and Laura Keeley, I will be presenting a workshop and I’m eager to gather with the other CRCNA folks who will be there (like you!) to learn more about each other’s ministry contexts.
- The price is right. The Early Bird Rate of $325.00 includes all conference presentations and activities and FOUR meals. And there’s a discounted rate for Canadians (like me!)
- One word: Nashville.
I can’t wait to InterGenerate. How about you?
Register soon—space is limited.