This CPE program is offered to pastors from both CRC and RCA churches in communities throughout the United States and Canada. Two communities each year will be identified and a group of six pastors in each community will learn and work together in congregational ministries. Pine Rest will provide CPE seminars, group sharing, and personal supervision through distance learning technology via a digital platform developed for the project. Please click this link to find out more.
Pine Rest CPE program serves as an excellent forum for Christian Reformed Church (CRC) and Reformed Church in America (RCA) seminary students, ministerial candidates, and congregational pastors to learn together, work together, and support each other in ministry. Pine Rest, the CRC, the RCA, their seminaries, and their directors of ministerial candidacy are collaborating to achieve the following outcomes:
- Improve the lives of parishioners in CRC/RCA churches through improved pastoral leadership and pastoral care skills of the clergy.
- Develop close bonds of friendship and collegiality between RCA/CRC clergy that can lead to improved denominational collaboration.
- Reduce clergy turnover through improved self-care and self-awareness.
- New Brunswick, New Jersey: October 2016 – March 2017
- Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada: May 2017 – September 2017
- Paramount, California: November 2017 – March 2018