Bellevue Christian Reformed Church | Youth Ministries Program Coordinator
The YMC oversees and coordinates activities of the youth ministries program. This person acts as leader for the students in grades 6-12, as well as the adult volunteers, emphasizing spiritual and relational growth while helping youth use their gifts in our church and community. BCRC’s solid volunteer and family support of our Jr High and High School youth groups provides a strong foundation for the YMC’s work. This position has a flexible schedule and offers competitive pay.
Our ideal candidate will be mature in their Christian faith, committed to the Reformed tradition, and equipped to minister to youth in today’s culture. Please see the job description below for more details.
If you are interested in applying for this position or want to learn more, please contact us at [email protected].
Position Description (20 hours/week) starting in June of 2019
Position Definition: The BCRC Youth Ministries Coordinator (YMC) oversees and coordinates the activities of the youth ministries program. This person acts as leader for students in grades 6-12, as well as for the adult volunteers, emphasizing spiritual and relational growth while helping youth discover and use their gifts in our church and community.
- Be a professing, mature and believing Christian, committed to the Reformed faith
- Have a genuine love for Jesus Christ and be equipped to minister to youth in today’s culture
- Be able to pursue creative approaches for all aspects of youth ministry
- Be self-motivated, eager to work, and have strong personal discipline
- Have demonstrated organizational and communication skills, and be detail-oriented
- Must be able to work well with others – students, volunteers and parents, pastor, Council, and the greater church body
- Be able to coordinate adult volunteers – recruit, train, and mobilize them towards effective student ministry
- Be/become a regular attendee and member of the Bellevue Christian Reformed Church
- Previous experience with church youth ministry preferred
- Previous experience with ministry leadership preferred
Position Responsibilities and Duties:
Oversee and coordinate activities of the youth ministries program:
- Meetings during the school year – weekly for High School, 2-3 times per month for Junior High
- Annual off-site retreat for each group
- Special social and/or service events throughout the calendar year (at least 1-2/quarter, separate for each group and/or combined)
- Annual Youth Group Sunday – worship service planned and led by the youth groups
- Annual Graduation Sunday – acknowledging students graduating from high school during worship service
- Annual High school group summer trip focusing on missions, service, and/or spiritual growth – including a fundraiser activity to support this trip if needed
- Annual summer camp attendance for Junior High group
- Provide leadership and plan events that facilitate community growth, spiritual learning, and deepen relationships
- Be a part of the lives of each member of the youth group by:
- Being visible and available at church – before and after the worship service
- Meeting one-to-one with each youth group member at least once per year
- Attending extracurricular activities the youth are involved in
- Encourage students to bring friends to activities
- Shepherd a culture where unchurched youth are welcome, encounter the gospel of Jesus Christ, and can grow in faith
- Recruit and equip volunteer leaders for effective youth ministry
- Facilitate regular communication with volunteers
- Encourage parent participation (e.g., driving, hosting events, providing snacks)
- Communicate clearly to the church body:
- E-mails and phone calls to youth and parents
- Weekly bulletin announcements
- Youth bulletin board
- Maintain communication with pastor, staff, and Council:
- Establish consistent office hours
- Attend regular staff meetings
- Submit monthly written report to Council
- Plan the annual youth group budget and maintain financial records
Reporting and Support Structure
The YMC reports directly to the pastor or designee and submits monthly reports to the Council:
- Pastor – Provides regular support with a focus on spiritual care and guidance. Provides direction, input and support for effectively completing position duties and responsibilities. Acts as the main point of contact for logistical and administrative tasks.
- Youth Ministries Team – Meets quarterly. Serves as a venue to discuss long-range planning, receive advice/mentoring, plan large events, etc.
- Council – Provides direction and guidance for the program and to the YMC.