Cross of Life Lutheran Church
Title: Church Administrator
Reports To: Senior Pastor/Church Council
FLSA Status: Exempt
Cross of Life Lutheran Church is a mid-sized, vibrant and stable congregation located in a beautiful setting in Roswell, GA, with an average weekly worship attendance of 220 (pre-COVID). With an emphasis on quality worship, authentic community and meaningful service, we proclaim God’s unconditional love to our hurting world. We are seeking a professional team member to support the ministries of the congregation and promote good stewardship of the church’s resources.
Job Overview: Reporting to the Senior Pastor/Church Council, and working with the Treasurer, Finance, Audit, Property, and IT Teams, the Church Administrator supports the ministry of the congregation in three primary areas: • Budget and Finance • Facilities and Equipment • Information Technology
Budget and Finance
- Responsible for deposits and disbursements authorized in the budgets in accordance with standard accounting and security procedures.
- Manage and process payroll, including payroll forms, state/federal taxes and benefits.
- Maintain Cross of Life and ancillary (Montessori School and others as directed) accounting systems.
- Monitor, manage and record church giving records.
- Prepare financial reports to keep staff, Council and teams leaders appraised on disbursements in their respective budgets.
- Prepare a preliminary draft of the congregation’s annual budget and support the budgeting process.
- Actively support and participate in the leadership of the annual Stewardship program.
- Oversee the maintenance of all church financial records and yearly reporting to the ELCA.
Facilities and Equipment
- Supervise contracted vendors such as cleaning and grounds maintenance.
- Coordinate the facility usage calendar.
- Keep the buildings, grounds and equipment in good condition, appearance and cleanliness.
- Obtain bids and negotiate contracts with vendors in conjunction with the Property team-lead.
- Serve as point of contact for fire department inspector, elevator inspector, etc.
- Negotiate appropriate insurance coverage for church risk and liability, including workers’ compensation.
- Oversee the purchase of office supplies, equipment, and services.
- Provide cost effective solutions regarding property issues and other support/service functions.
- Manage all computer systems of the church including, but not limited to, hardware, software, trouble shooting and repair tickets with IT Support vendors.
- Serve as primary owner of church administration software (Servant Keeper), Microsoft Office 365 products, Quick Books and the church website, managing all technical aspects of the site.
- Serve as primary staff liaison to the IT Team, recruiting leadership and working with volunteers.
- Secure critical financial, personnel and member information.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or five or more years of related experience
- Strong background and experience in business and accounting practices.
- Experienced and skilled with Microsoft Office 365 products, Quick Books and Church Management software (Servant Keeper preferred.)
- Respect of confidentiality, good presentation skills, team player working with staff and volunteers.
- Strong detail orientation, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and foster collaborative relationships, based on love of Jesus Christ.
- Excellent customer service.
- The successful candidate will be someone who loves and is committed to Christ.
- Salary range is commiserate with education/experience, with individual health and pension contributions provided. Paid vacation, sick leave, cell phone reimbursement and mileage also provided. Please submit salary requirements with resume. COVID-19 considerations We maintain strict COVID-19 protocols within the guidelines set by the CDC, public health authorities, the local church conference and any legislative or governmental actions relative to the pandemic. Remote interview process. Virtual meetings.