The Director of Children’s Ministries oversees the various educational ministries of Hillside Community Church with the goal of encouraging and promoting spiritual growth and maturity among children from birth through grade 4.
- Develop and communicate a strong vision for Children’s ministry at Hillside.
- Partner with the Youth Directors to provide an integrated educational program for the youth of Hillside.
- Co-lead the mid-week Explorers Program
- Establish an organized curriculum for children birth through 4th grade.
- Obtain the necessary materials to fill the curriculum needs.
- Recruit the volunteers needed to meet the ministry needs.
- Maintain strong relationships with and provide training, resources and support for all volunteers.
- Coordinate and oversee an annual summer outreach event. (VBS, Mega Camp or similar)
- Oversee the nursery leaders, preschool and elementary leaders, and Explorer leaders.
- Meet at least bi-monthly with the Children’s Ministries Staff.
- Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings.
- Oversees Nursery Coordinator.
- Responsible to: Executive Administrator
- Works closely with: Hillside Kids volunteers, Hillside staff, Pastors, parents, and children.
- Has a vibrant and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Be a member of Hillside Community Church and in agreement with the stated vision and mission of Hillside Community Church.
- Be able to communicate effectively and have strong relational skills.
- Previous experience and/or related college education strongly preferred.
Time required: This would be a full time position of 32 to 36 hours a week (includes Sunday mornings and may include occasional weeknights).
Compensation: The job will be compensated according to the educational background and experience of the person and will include benefits.