Modesto Christian Reformed Church seeks a person who brings strong musical and worship leadership, has a servant, a capacity for organization, an ability to grow and mentor teams, and a deep personal relationship with God.
Director of Music and Worship
Modesto Christian Reformed Church, Modesto, California
“Our purpose at Modesto Christian Reformed Church (MCRC) is to joyfully worship and glorify God, lovingly equip, nurture and care for our fellow believers, and earnestly share life in Jesus Christ with others, enfolding them in His church.”
We seek a person who brings strong musical and worship leadership, a servant heart, a capacity for organization, an ability to grow and mentor teams, and a deep personal relationship with God.
- Create and administer an active cohesive music ministry that draws people closer to God.
- Collaborate with individuals and groups to enhance worship at MCRC through self guided preparation and work.
- Collaborate with the pastoral staff to plan and develop worship services with special attention paid to theme, flow, and the Reformed character of the congregation.
- Direct or oversee the direction of MCRC’s music program:
- Adult Choir – approximately 20 voices
- Praise Team - (guitar, bass, piano, drums, song leaders)
- Handbell Ensemble – 3 octaves
- Children’s Choir – approximately 10 voices
- Actively recruit, train, and retain volunteers from the congregation for lay ministry in music and
- Communicate and work with pastor, staff, council, congregation, and the community regarding upcoming events involving the MCRC music program.
- Supervise substitute organists, choir accompanists, and other instrumentalists responsible for
- various aspects of the music and worship program.
- Oversee the regular maintenance and care for the pipe organ, piano, handbells, and other instruments.
- Possesses spiritual maturity with a strong sense of calling to the area of music and worship
- Works well alongside pastors, staff, congregation, and volunteers
- Possesses strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Understands and appreciates Reformed worship and the distinction between performance and worship
- Pays special attention to unifying musical styles, primarily, traditional and contemporary
- Is organized
- Is enthusiastic, innovative, and open to new ideas and direction
Skills, Experience, and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree in music or two years proven proficiency in musical leadership and performance
- Ability to lead the congregation in worship using a wide range of Christian music genres
- Choral conducting skills
- Experience and expertise leading worship with piano and/or organ and/or instrumentalist
- Experience with the Pipe Organ
- Experience with music software/technology
Compensation package includes salary and benefits
Please send inquiries to Jan Viss at [email protected]