First Church is seeking a Director of Youth Ministries and Congregational Life.
Our mission: Compelled by God’s amazing love, and guided by the Holy Spirit, First Church is called to live faithfully by building Christ-centered relationships that disciple and encourage all His people as we worship, serve and grow in this place. First Church has remained committed to carrying out the work to which God has called us in, and with, the community in which we are geographically located. We strive to encourage the full use of God's gifts given to His children of all ages. We strive to encourage and care for one another. We learn from and with those in our community.
For the past six years, we have steadily grown, creating a need for additional staffing. This position has been crafted to address this need. With a focus on youth ministry and a passion to enfold new members and align our mission with our programs, we are seeking leadership and relationship building that supports our vision. Thank you for engaging in this process with us. We plan to accept applications through early April with interviews to begin in mid April. Applications or questions can be sent to the church office via email at email@example.com.
The Director of Youth Ministries and Congregational Life will provide visionary and programmatic direction and continuity to all the ministries of congregational life. This entails leading an active and vibrant youth ministry, understanding member gifts, connecting members to programs, equipping ministry team leaders, and collaborating with the Senior Pastor to help First CRC achieve its mission.
● Provide visionary and administrative leadership for the youth ministry of the church.
● Maintain our vibrant YG ministry by serving as the primary point person, working in collaboration with a strong team of volunteers.
● Provide oversight and guidance to the leaders of Middlers, young adult and other youth program.
● Understand member gifts and connect them to programs and ministries where those gifts can be leveraged.
● Enfold members with a welcoming spirit, building relationships, and fostering community.
● Equip and encourage other ministry team leaders and assist with the direction setting of their programs.
● Collaborate with the Senior Pastor on chartering new programs and ministries that respond to church or community needs.
● Assist ministry team leaders with recruiting volunteers.
● Ensure that the congregation is aware of ministry opportunities at our church and in the community.
● Cultivate personal relationships and provide spiritual guidance with individuals, including the church's youth, at whole group gatherings and through personal or small group contacts.
● Have a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and an ability to articulate that relationship to youth and adults.
● Demonstrate a balance of administrative and relational skills.
● Exercise harmonious personal relationships and a team spirit.
● Show an ability to generate excitement and enthusiasm for church programs.
● Exhibit an ability to equip and encourage others in ministry.
● Illustrate a servant attitude.
● Display good organizational and communication skills.
● Affirm Reformed theology and church polity.
● Bachelor’s degree required.
● Seminary degree preferred.
● Our preference is for this to be a full-time role but we are open to considering two part-time roles.
● Reports to Randy Buursma, Senior Pastor, for day-to-day guidance.
● Interacts regularly with our Administrative team and collaborates closely with both our Education and Fellowship teams.
● Receives development and human resources support from the Personnel Committee.