Encounter Church in Kentwood, MI, is seeking a Director of Youth Ministries.
Director of Youth Ministries (Grades 6-12)
About the Position
The Encounter Church Director of Youth Ministries makes young disciples who make other disciples for Christ by developing and implementing a comprehensive approach to youth ministry while serving as a spiritual leader and role model.
- Maturing, passionate, and ongoing personal relationship with God by his amazing grace
- Humble - excited to grow and learn from others
- Hungry - desire to continually improve and lead others to Christ
- People Smart - proven ability to work effectively with people of all ages and backgrounds
- Visionary Self-Starter - demonstrated ability to vision, develop, manage, and implement a youth ministry.
- Energy and enthusiasm around students, yet able to exude a calming influence when needed
- Organized, clear, effective, and efficient communicator
- Reflects the Christian life both at work and home.
- Identifies, Recruits, and Develops Youth Ministry Volunteers
- Leader of leaders - empowers, encourages, and equips leaders to engage students in an intentional discipleship relationship.
- Trains leaders how to grow their relationship with students
- Creates an environment where volunteer leaders can develop spiritually
- In all of these things, leads by example
- Engages with students outside of Encounter Church
- Invests into the lives of students throughout the week (e.g. games, recitals, meet up at Starbucks, etc..)
- Plans and Coordinates Youth Worship Experience
- Responsible for executing the youth worship 3-4 times per month
- Youth worship is currently a weekly gathering of games, message, small groups, and worship each Sunday 4-6p
- Coordinates Service Opportunities
- Plans and coordinates projects serving in the community, region, and/or world.
- Participates in other Staff Responsibilities
- Contributes to Staff Meetings
- Commits to the vision, mission, and core values of Encounter Church
- Spiritually supports and encourages other staff members
- Completes other tasks as delegated to support the operations of the church
- Reports to Lead Pastor
Status and Benefits
- 20 hrs/week
Send cover letter and resume no later than Aug 9 to Curious@EncounterChurch.org