Director of Youth Ministries
First Christian Reformed Church, a large, vibrant and multigenerational congregation in Sioux Falls, SD, is looking to hire a full-time Director of Youth Ministries. The position requires a follower of Christ who will help nurture the faith development of students in grades 6-12. We eagerly anticipate someone who loves the Lord and will cultivate relationships with students while partnering with parents and youth leaders.
Responsibilities and Qualifications
The preferred candidate will:
- Provide leadership for the ministry of 6th-12th grade students.
- Cultivate ministry opportunities that will instruct, disciple, mentor and equip students to grow and develop as followers of Christ.
- Partner with the ministry staff of First CRC to:
- Equip and support youth leaders and members of the congregation to fulfill baptismal vows of nurturing children in the faith.
- Equip and support parents to fulfill their baptismal vows.
- Partner and communicate with parents by educating them on cultural issues.
- Develop, implement and lead ministry opportunities that include:
- Regular youth group / worship
- Mission & Service projects locally, regionally and beyond
- Discipleship and relationship building
- Exhibit a life, both publicly and privately, of genuine faith, hope and love in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, evidence a deep sense of call to ministry, demonstrate a teachable spirit, and live a life of holy, Christlike obedience consistent with First Christian Reformed Church’s Biblical and confessional standards of faith.
- Possess the ability to articulate a Reformed worldview and be committed to the life and ministry of the Christian Reformed Church in North America.
- Possess a demonstrated ability both to build relationships through sharing and teaching the good news of Jesus Christ and to effectively counsel people into joyful, Christian living.
- Be willing to engage in ongoing professional development both to sustain personal qualifications and to ensure ministry development.
Administrative Responsibilities and Accountability
The Director of Youth Ministries will:
- Be an active participant and confessing member of the life and ministry of First Christian Reformed Church.
- Develop, manage and ensure a safe and positive environment for the youth ministry programs.
- Keep records of activities related to the position to ensure personal accountability.
- Keep records and submit to an annual review to demonstrate that the mission and vision of the ministry, in accordance with the vision of First Christian Reformed Church, is being realized
Interested candidates are encouraged to call 605-338-6904 or email: [email protected]