Hope in Christ Church in Bellingham, WA is looking for a person to coordinate and plan a comprehensive Christian education program for our youth and small group ministry.
Who we are looking for:
This person reports to the Senior Pastor and is responsible to develop and oversee a cradle to grade 12 gospel-driven, grace-centered discipleship plan for those attending Hope in Christ Church.
- Love for Jesus and people, especially children
- Evidence of the Fruit of the Spirit in daily life
- Devotion to the Word of God
- Strong communication skills and the ability to motivate volunteers toward the vision of Hope in Christ.
- Clarity of vision.
- Devotion to prayer.
- Reliable, self-motivated and takes initiative.
- Able to change and grow and find it invigorating.
- Commitment to mission and vision of Hope in Christ.
- Ability to work on a team and under leadership of senior pastor and council.
Essential Discipleship Duties
- Coordinate all curriculum for Sunday morning education, cradle to grade 12.
- Coordinate and train volunteers for Sunday morning education, cradle to grade 12.
- Partner with leadership to encourage and promote broad member involvement in adult educational opportunities so that strong relationships of spiritual growth are fostered.
- Train and oversee multiplying leaders for Small groups.
- Attend administrative meetings including but not limited to Staff, Elder and Council mtgs as needed or requested.
- Reformed world and life view.
- Must become a member of Hope in Christ Church
Pay and Benefits: Contract with annual review.
- 8 hours per week @ $20/hr
- Base Salary: $8,320/year
- Expense Account: $500/year
- •Paid Vacation: Years of Service 0-3 = 3 days; Years 4-5 = 6 days; Years 6+ = 8 days.
Total: $8,820 + payroll taxes
To learn more about our church visit: www.hopeinchristchurch.org
To learn more about the job and to apply visit: https://www.hopeinchristchurch.org/education-ministries-director-job-position/