Colts Neck Reformed Church in beautiful, suburban NJ is an open and affirming church, and we see the beauty, value and gifts of all Gods’ people. As seen through our strong mission programs, we are committed to supporting those in need both locally and internationally, and also deeply committed to our family and youth programs here in our own congregation. CNRC seeks to find a Family Life Pastor and a companion-on-the-journey who is experienced in sleeping on a church floor with youth groups, likes to laugh, is theologically passionate, has ideas just waiting to be tried, and has a pray hard, stay loose mentality.
This person will serve alongside our Lead Pastor and additional staff leading the fellowship and development of our Family Life ministry programs.
General strengths are as follows:
- Demonstration of core beliefs and values aligned with Colts Neck Reformed Church.
- A personal relationship with Jesus Christ that is easily identified in word and actions.
- A leader that can easily relate to the challenges our young families face and provide the support, guidance, motivation and nurturing environment to help them remain steadfast in their spiritual journey of the entire family.
- One who finds joy in the fun, excitement and experience of cultivating church-based friendships & experiences for families.
- One who supports the robust efforts of our music programs and worship arts programming.
- Passion & creativity to drive congregation growth and development.
- A hands-on approach, with an ability to shepherd the congregation through inclusiveness, support and empowerment.
- Experience in Christian education and the ability to be creative and agile in program research, development and implementation.
- A visible strength in relating to people of all ages, gender, ethnicity and background.
- Lead youth and family ministries efforts including recruitment, program development, leadership and sustainability.
- Design, implement and manage youth and family programs that provide faith strengthening experiences and help members build relationships with like-minded friends and families.
- A natural ‘Fisher of People’ who can actively and confidently recruit new members.
- Provide leadership and guidance to those in need.
- Develop new ways to increase attendance, generate new program ideas and differentiate our offering from other local organizations.
- Build groups up and draw interest from those in the community to increase interest, participation and membership.
- Reinforces our mission to welcome all people to participate fully in the life of our faith community.
- Recruit, onboard and develop teams of volunteers of all ages.
- Preaching gifts are preferred.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- Ordination preferred, but not required.
- Church-based experience in implementing and leading ministries towards sustainability.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to organize and manage information and timelines efficiently.
- Experience and strong knowledge of technology platforms, including virtual reach, social media and digital communications.
- The ability to unify teams and/or personnel by means of excitement, thoughtful observation, supportive and constructive dialogue, and collaborative planning and execution of tasks.
- Strength in ministry that is biblically based, relevant and practical for the lives of members.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and strong work ethic.
- Passion for helping children, youth, and their parents know and love Christ.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Full time, salaried position: Salary in line with classis guidelines & commensurate with experience.
- Housing (parsonage with all expenses covered)
- Social security payment
- Medical insurance
- Retirement plan 403 (b)
- Paid vacation
- Continuing education expenses
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected].