First Cutlerville CRC in Byron Center, Michigan is seeking a lead pastor to join our church family. The people of First Cutlerville seek to glorify God by worshipping Him wholeheartedly, witnessing His love to all people, and by working to bring His kingdom to every area of life.
Lead Pastor at First Cutlerville Christian Reformed Church
1425 68th Street SW, Byron Center, MI 49315
Employment Status: Called, Full Time
Reports to: Administrative Elders
Benefit Status: Eligible
Education Requirement: Master of Divinity
First Cutlerville CRC is a church committed to...
- Biblical Teaching because God’s truth is the catalyst for spiritual growth and it shapes our everyday living.
- Being a Caring Community that provides love and care to meet people’s physical, emotional and spiritual needs.
- Glorifying Worship where participants bring glory and honor to God.
- Spirit Led Prayer as a body of believers that helps us to be fully and courageously dependent on the Holy Spirit to discern God’s will and further God’s kingdom.
- Embedding Scripture in all of our ministries so that God’s word is firmly planted and deeply rooted in people’s hearts and lives.
- Embracing Community by loving others through knowing, engaging and serving our neighbors.
- Empowering Giftedness by discovering, cultivating, and using our unique spiritual gifts for the sake of others and for God’s glory.
- Mission Shaping Discipleship that intentionally makes more and better disciples who are fully devoted to growing, going and blessing.
- Promotes and actively engages in strategic planning and execution of all aspects of our church’s mission and vision
- Provides direct supervision and support to church staff through regular meetings and ongoing support
- Participates as a member of the administrative elders and regularly attends shepherd elder meetings
- Provides guidance, training and direction to support and empower healthy and impactful ministry level teams
- Represents the church, as necessary, at Grand Rapids South Classis meetings and serves on classical/denominational committees as appropriate
- Serves as a role model for ongoing personal and professional development
- Carries out other additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by the administrative elders
Discipleship and Outreach:
- Serves as a member of the discipleship team
- Promotes, encourages and engages with members’ discipleship and outreach in all areas of the church’s ministry
- Actively engages in a relationship in which he is being discipled
- Collaborates and provides ongoing alignment and support with the pastor of visitation and the shepherd elders in an effort to meet the varied needs of our members
- May upon request provide services such as counseling, weddings and funerals
- Actively engages in prayer with and for our church family and community
- Preaches regularly; usually twice each Sunday during a morning and an evening service with two services off a month (not including vacation)
- Serves as worship leader during services
- Actively participates in the planning of worship with the worship coordinator
- Sincere Christian faith and demonstrated Christ-centered life as evidenced by a vibrant relationship with Jesus Christ, a working knowledge of the Scriptures and a love for the Reformed faith
- A visible and living walk with Jesus Christ coupled with a strong desire to exercise faith and service through this ministry position
- A calling to model a life of growing personal spiritual growth and discipleship
- A commitment to First Cutlerville CRC’s mission and vision and overarching goals of ministry
- A solid and unwavering understanding of reformed tradition and an adherence to the reformed confessions
- Desired experience in administration, organization and communication
- Desired skills in building teams, training and maintaining volunteers, and the demonstration of a tender heart towards people
- Value and experience in increasing and equipping inter-generational leaders in the use of their gifts
- Ability to establish a team approach and equip rising leaders in an effort to empower those who lead our church’s ministries
- Commitment to be open to embrace new ideas and explore opportunities
- Active prayer life which leads to Spirit led discernment
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Value placed in relationships and people
- Demonstration of taking initiative
- Engagement in regular self-reflection and an eagerness to engage in lifelong learning and personal and professional development
Evaluation and Review
- A regular meeting schedule will be established with the personnel team for ongoing communication, professional development, personal support, and goal setting.
- A review will be held annually.
Please see attachments to view:
- Lead Pastor Job Description
- First Cutlerville CRC Church Profile
- Membership Requirements at First Cutlerville CRC
- First Cutlerville CRC Discernment Process
- First Cutlerville CRC Governance
- First Cutlerville CRC Annual Plan 2018-2019
- Sample orders of worship
- Photo Brochure