The Discipleship Pastor is a full-time position promoting adult discipleship for ages 18 and older, including leadership development and overseeing participation of all ages in the MRC discipleship pathway. This position is designed to promote a life group culture as well as to cultivate the value of spiritual gifts and strengths of the MRC family.
- Lead Life Group discipleship at MRC, communicating with Life Group leaders several times per year and providing resources to support Life Groups.
- Design entry points/on ramps to church membership and participation such as new member classes.
- Ensure member gifts and strengths are identified and provide relevant training to equip the people of MRC to serve or lead.
- Assist in leadership and direction of the member engagement team and/or discipleship team at MRC.
- Offer mentoring and equip mentors to walk alongside others as they discover the “good works which God prepared in advance for them to do.
- Encourage and equip the people of MRC to reach out with the love of Jesus to the neighborhood, the region and the world.
- Care for the people on the teams of which you are part. Provide preliminary pastoral care to those who come to you and readily refer people on to professional counselors as the need warrants.
- Assist Lead Pastor and Congregational Care Pastor with visitation on an as needed basis.
- Participates in worship services as requested and where gifted. This may include preaching when asked by the Lead Pastor.
- Assist with baptisms, funerals and weddings as agreed upon with Lead Pastor and Congregational Care Pastor.
- Demonstrates a personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Master’s degree in theology, education or its equivalent is preferred along with ministry leadership experience.
- Believes, accepts and supports the mission and vision of Maurice Reformed Church.
- Committed to team ministry.
- Possesses ability to multi task, equip and walk with others, along with being self-directed.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attend scheduled staff meetings.
- Accountable to consistory through the Staff Relations Team.
- Expectation of regular church involvement and an additional 4-5 hours of volunteer time.
- Agrees to sign a confidentiality agreement.