Calvary Church is seeking an individual who will fill this vital leadership position in our deeply missional community.
Calvary Church Missions Director — September 2020
To glorify God through partnerships with our neighbors locally and globally to demonstrate the love of Jesus for the world by developing and sustaining effective relationships and programs in accordance with scripture and the mission/vision of Calvary Church.
- Personal relationship with Jesus Christ and a commitment to deepening that relationship. Commitment to worship, prayer, and integrity. Commitment to encouraging others in their relationship with Jesus.
- Personal belief that the gospel of Jesus Christ is good news for all people, that the good news of the gospel changes everything, and that the good news that saves also sends.
- Committed to fostering a community in which love is evidenced, honesty is practiced, diversity is appreciated, loyalty is valued, servanthood is demonstrated, unity is guarded, and vision is encouraged. Committed to maintaining confidentiality. Committed to having a positive attitude.
- Working knowledge of, ability to integrate, and submission to theological, doctrinal, & missional standards of Calvary Church—as part of the Christian Reformed Church.
- Committed to membership and worship at Calvary Church.
- Visionary with the ability to establish and articulate the vision for this position and how it fits into Calvary’s mission. Ability to objectively evaluate the effectiveness of ministry activities in accordance with the purpose listed above.
- Self-motivated, able to carry out his/her responsibilities with a minimum of direct supervision, able to work well with others, and able to solve problems.
- Ability to lead other leaders: capable of collaboration and establishing direction, leading by example, model, coach, mentor, teach, train, encourage, support and motivate others (including both paid staff and unpaid volunteers). Ability to recruit volunteers as needed.
- Committed to using and developing leadership skills personally and of others. A life-long learner.
- Organizational skills including the ability to prioritize, delegate, and follow through.
- Ability to connect with, establish, and maintain meaningful relationships with volunteers, partners, congregation, and staff.
- Ability to speak publicly, to write clearly, and to communicate excitement and enthusiasm, ensuring that others understand how their efforts fit in and affect the success of the ministry.
- Ability to perform basic computer skills.
- Meaningful education & experience in applicable field required: Bachelors Degree preferred, Masters Degree welcomed.
- Oversee—providing direction, vision, & leadership—and champion Calvary Missions.
- Provide leadership to paid and unpaid staff, recruiting volunteers as necessary. Coach and collaborate with Missions Staff.
- Current staff includes: Missions Coordinator, Kids Hope Coordinator, Food Pantry Coordinator, and Open Lodge Coordinator.
- Oversee (participate with, co-chair, encourage, etc.) and steward vision implementation through & collaboration between volunteer missions teams.
- Current teams: Local Team, Global Team, & Affordable Housing Team.
- Oversee missions budget, insuring that expenditures incurred in accomplishment of the purpose of this position are prudent, necessary, and in accordance with established guidelines.
- Oversee planning, scheduling, and leadership of opportunities for volunteers and congregation members to engage in missional activities, in collaboration with Calvary Staff and Missions Teams.
- Steward relationships with current and future ministry partners and affiliates.
- Regular (roughly, quarterly) travel to global partners.
- Oversee support for families in Transitional Housing through Good Samaritan Ministries.
- Oversee support for vulnerable people(s) through connections with Calvary Church and partners.
- Oversee aspects of the summer internship program and VBS.
- Other duties as identified and/or assigned.
- Meet regularly with coach (currently Associate Pastor). Participate in staff meetings, activities, and retreats.
Time & Compensation
- Full Time; 40hrs/week
- Annual salary plus benefits:
- Health Insurance
- Cell Phone Stipend, Professional Account, Continued Education Account
- Life Insurance, Retirement Contributions
- Wages determined by Calvary Personnel Team
If this sounds like you; email questions to [email protected] and/or email a resume and cover letter to apply.