Established in 1948, the Chatham First Reformed Church is situated in Southwestern Ontario in the Municipality of Chatham Kent and has the distinction of being one of the oldest Reformed Churches in Canada. Serving congregants from both urban and rural backgrounds, our members are seeking a personable, compassionate, and engaging full-time pastor to support our vision: Knowing Christ, Making Him Known.
Our ideal candidate will
- possess strong organizational and communication skills with proficient computer and technological abilities.
- present a variety of preaching styles that incorporates up -to-date topics, biblical references, and thought-provoking content to foster the spiritual growth of our congregation.
- recognize the needs of the congregation in his or her teaching to strengthen our personal relationships with Christ.
- provide counselling and support to parishioners seeking comfort and guidance.
- engage and motivate the congregation to participate in community outreach programs and initiatives.
- foster church growth with an emphasis on attracting youth and families while sustaining and strengthening the faith of our present members.
A supportive spouse and family with their own special gifts and talents would be a welcome complement to our potential candidate.
For more information or to apply please email our search team lead Sue Wiebenga at [email protected].