Willard CRC is actively interviewing for a Pastor to lead our congregation with Reformed teaching and worship, fostering and equipping us to serve the Willard community.
The Pastor of Willard CRC is the primary leader for all the staff and ministries of Willard CRC and is directly accountable to the Council of Willard CRC. We have a part time Administrator to assist with the administrative duties of the church allowing the pastor’s primary focus to be worship, education, church growth and community involvement.
Qualifications: The Pastor will:
- be a person of God given to prayer, and study of God’s Word, who demonstrates in their personal life that they are a disciple of Jesus Christ who is open to the leading of the Holy Spirit;
- be an ordained Minister in the Christian Reformed Church in North America or other denomination in ecclesiastical fellowship;
- be committed to the Reformed faith and have a deep desire for the health and welfare of the Christian Reformed denomination and most particularly, Willard CRC.
Further, the Pastor will be able to:
- demonstrate gifts for preaching and leading worship and display commitment to the importance of worship and preaching through regular and careful preparation;
- guide members to grow in holiness by providing pastoral care, by challenging people to use their gifts in the Lord’s service, and by encouraging spiritual discipline;
- teach and be committed to the importance of the educational ministries of the church;
- facilitate the missional task of the church;
- use administrative skills and leadership abilities to challenge and encourage volunteers and ministry staff;
- pursue continuing education and training in areas that relate to the ministry through attending conferences, classes, training programs and by personal reading.
A 4-bedroom cape cod style house located separate from but on church property is included to supply your housing needs.
For more information, please contact Sheila Buurma, Search Committee Chair at [email protected]