Calvary Church Worship Arts Director - November 2020
To proclaim—in word and action—that that the gospel of Jesus Christ is good news for all people, that the good news of the gospel changes everything, and that the good news that saves also sends.
To glorify God by encouraging and facilitating worship, and by stewarding resources & talents to develop & sustain weekly worship and other worship gatherings, in accordance with scripture and the mission/vision of Calvary Church.
- A devoted follower of Jesus who evidences their personal relationship with Christ through the ‘fruit of the Spirit,’ a commitment to deepening their relationship through devotional/spiritual practices, and passion for encouraging others in their own relationship with Jesus.
- Musical excellence. Artistic and creative proficiency, able to incorporate creative arts into worship gatherings in contextually meaningful ways.
- Ability to pastorally & authentically lead corporate worship—vocally and instrumentally—with musical excellence & theological precision that fosters congregational participation.
- Self-motivated, able to carry out his/her responsibilities with a minimum of direct supervision, able to work well with others, and able to solve problems.
- Ability to lead other leaders: capable of collaboration and establishing direction, leading by example, model, coach, mentor, teach, train, encourage, support and motivate others (including both paid staff and unpaid volunteers). Ability to recruit volunteers as needed.
- Meaningful education & experience in applicable field required: Bachelors Degree preferred, Masters Degree welcomed.
- Oversee—providing direction, vision, & leadership—and champion Calvary Worship Arts.
- Provide leadership to paid and unpaid staff, recruiting volunteers as necessary and paying special attention to next-gen. leadership development. Coach and collaborate with Worship Arts Staff.
- Lead weekly Worship Planning Team meetings, corporate worship a majority of Sunday’s (2-3 per month), and worship rehearsals when applicable. Participate on worship team regularly, when not leading.
- Encourage use and development of musical and other artistic gifts (video, drama, lighting, stage design, etc.) in volunteers and congregation in collaboration with Worship Planning Team.
Email [email protected] with questions and/or send a cover letter and resume to apply.
Read the full list of qualifications and responsibilities for this position in the attached file and learn more about Calvary Church by visiting our website at the link below.