Position: Part-time Interim Pastor
Where: Huron Hills Church. A historically baptist congregation in Ann Arbor, Michigan, a member of the Converge Mid-America denomination. Before the COVID pandemic, we had a weekly attendance of 300.
- Preaching 25 to 50% of Sundays
- Staff supervision
- Administrative oversight
- Occasional pastoral care (which is mostly handled by Associate Pastor)
Reporting to: church board
Hours: 15 to 25 hours / week.
Precise contours of the job and hours will be determined in collaboration with church board after candidate gets acquainted with the church and its needs.
Why: We put our Lead Pastor on leave in October 2020 after an allegation of sexual misconduct was brought against him, pending independent investigation. This investigation, being conducted by GRACE, will take months, and the vacancy of the Lead Pastor role could last much longer. Since October, the church board has been overseeing all spiritual leadership, supervisory, and administrative duties for the church.
- Assent to historic, orthodox doctrine, as represented by the Apostles’ and Nicene Creeds
- Assent to the Huron Hills Code of Conduct, provided upon request
- Extensive pastoral experience including supervision of staff
- Strong interpersonal skills. Able to communicate with clarity and compassion
- Reliable, trustworthy, and spiritually mature
- Willingness to submit to leadership of church board that includes both women and men
- Full-time residence in Ann Arbor.
- 100% theological alignment
For further information: please contact Board Chair, Laura Goetsch at [email protected]. We would love to tell any qualified candidates more about our church and our current circumstances.