The mission of Crossroads Church in Norwalk, Iowa is to “Grow the Connected and Reach the Disconnected through Seeking, Serving, and Sharing.” We are eager to welcome our new Lead Pastor who has a heart for Jesus and a passion for preaching the Word of God.
Positioned on a 20-acre campus in a suburb of Des Moines, Crossroads Church is committed to our community. Norwalk is a rapidly developing town, with a growth rate of over 20% annually, mostly through new families and new family housing.
Job Description – Crossroads Church Lead Pastor
- Oversee and evaluate Crossroads staff and its organization.
- Provide a biblically based preaching and teaching ministry, working with ministry teams to provide a weekly worship service.
- Practice and model personal devotion and time alone with God so that ministry flows out of vital relationship with God.
- Work effectively with the Director of our Christian-based preschool located within our church building.
- Administer sacraments of communion and baptism.
- Officiate at weddings or funerals as requested or as needed.
- Possess an understanding of financial and budget operations.
- Provide spiritual support services such as advisement and visitation for our elderly.
- Counsel individuals or couples seeking guidance and refer as appropriate.
- Maintain community partnerships, including with the Norwalk School District and Norwalk Ministerial Association.
- Create agendas and facilitate monthly Leadership Team meetings.
Lead Pastor Qualifications
- Prefer 5 years of Pastoral Ministry experience (e.g. leading or in ministry).
- Capable of overseeing church operations, delegating as needed, and handling a wide breadth of responsibility.
- Values youth ministry, from infant through high school.
- Comfortable using multi-media technology in services.
- Encourages church growth through small group development.
- A team player with strong relational skills.
- Demonstrates evidence of a personal and growing relationship with Jesus Christ and has spiritual maturity.
- Has a conviction that God has placed a calling on your life to be the Lead Pastor at Crossroads.
- Practices moral and financial integrity.
The Lead Pastor is accountable to the Leadership team, Classis of Central Iowa and the Reformed Church in America.
The Lead Pastor’s salary will be commensurate with experience. Salary package includes base salary, family health insurance, annuity, and housing allowance. Salary adheres to the guidelines established annually by the Classis of Central Iowa.
The Lead Pastor will have an evaluation and merit increase review annually.