HOPEWELL REFORMED CHURCH
The Hopewell Reformed Church (HRC) is located 70 miles north of New York City in Hopewell Junction, NY. HRC is a 400-member church with a 260-year history of faithfulness to Reformed beliefs such as the inerrancy and infallibility of Scripture, the power of prayer, the discipleship of believers, and the personal and communal practice of following Jesus. We are a diverse congregation in both age and culture with many talented musicians who greatly assist in both traditional and contemporary worship. We have strong Mission, Community Outreach and Care ministries as well as active Children’s and Youth ministries.
We’re seeking a Christ-centered, Spirit-filled pastor who has experience preaching, counseling and teaching; has effectively led a church and multiple staff, and has strong skills in the area of leadership and oversight. The Lead Pastor will oversee, lead and develop a teaching ministry that ignites the spirit of the congregation to hunger for the things of God. An Ordained or Commissioned Pastor is preferred with M.Div. or equivalent education/experience.
The duties of the Lead Pastor shall include the following:
- To provide biblically based preaching and teaching ministry
- To lead a teaching ministry that will encourage spiritual growth of the membership and awaken them to an active outreach to their neighbors in evangelism.
- To spearhead overall vision and vision casting
- To lead and supervise staff in support of the church’s ministries.
- To moderate consistory meetings and meet with committees regularly.
- To provide for the coordination of pastoral care for those in crisis situations, church members in hospitals and nursing homes, as well as those who are shut-ins.
- To administer sacraments of communion and baptism.
- To officiate weddings and funerals.
- To lead Confirmation and New Member classes.
- To represent the congregation in Classis activities.
- To support HRC missions and encourage the congregation's participation.
- To encourage the Odyssey (http://www.odysseychurch.org/) special needs congregation and provide support as needed.
To obtain more detailed information, please contact Percy Gilbert at [email protected] for our church profile.