Providence Christian Reformed Church (PCRC) awaits the arrival of its next Lead Pastor, gifted both as a communicator (preaching and teaching) and leader, to help the congregation flourish in its next season of life and ministry.
Location: Cutlerville, MI
Attendance: 250 in person and 100 online
Personal Qualifications—The Lead Pastor shall:
- Be able to give testimony to his love for the Lord and his call to pastoral ministry.
- Have a deep passion to understand and teach the truths of God’s Word.
- Love people and be able to create and sustain positive relationships with them.
- Be an emotionally healthy person characterized by a deep and living spiritual life.
Professional Competencies: The Lead Pastor shall be:
- A gifted communicator, able to craft and deliver biblical and relevant sermons that effectively speak to both new and maturing Christians.
- A gifted organizational leader with experience developing strategic initiatives and managing change while guiding a Council and congregation into a new season of ministry.
- A gifted liturgist who enjoys planning and participating in corporate worship services.
- A gifted pastor whose care for the spiritual well-being of the congregation is characterized by love and humility while being strengthened by discernment and prayer.
- Preaching—the Lead Pastor is responsible for the bulk of the preaching and will do so in a manner that is both biblical and relevant.
- Leadership—the Lead Pastor will guide and empower the Staff/Council in such a way that unifies the congregation around a preferred vision of the future.
- Corporate Worship—the Lead Pastor is responsible for the planning and delivery of engaging, life-transforming worship services along with the support of able and willing staff members.
- Pastoral Care—the Lead Pastor has the privilege of providing both pastoral care and spiritual direction to individuals in the church and community. This responsibility will be shared with the staff (which includes a second ordained pastor) and the Council.
- Public Presence—the Lead Pastor has the privilege of representing PCRC in the community.
Expectations – The Lead Pastor shall:
- Meet or exceed the requirements for ordination as a Minister of the Word & Sacrament in the Christian Reformed Church in North America (CRCNA). Consequently, he will be ordained or be ordainable as such, though ordained individuals from other historically Reformed denominations will be considered.
- Support the Council approved mission and vision for PCRC.
- Affirm the Creeds and Confessions of the CRCNA.
- Affirm a traditional view of marriage, gender and human sexuality.
- The Lead Pastor reports to and is accountable to Council.
- The Lead Pastor supervises the second ordained pastor, as well as paid and volunteer staff.
Benefits of the Position:
- An engaging, loving, intergenerational church with a flexible, grace-based work environment that encourages both accountability and personal growth.
- A very competitive compensation package, including salary and benefits.
- The personal support of Pastor Bob Boersma who will transition from Lead Pastor to the Second Chair until his retirement in June 2024. Pastor Bob Boersma has served PCRC faithfully for over 15 years and is loved by the congregation who view him as a shepherd who knows his sheep by name. They deeply appreciate his pastoral heart, ability to relate to people of all ages, and authenticity. He has left an imprint of caring and grace-filled relationships.
For more info, please email [email protected].