Position Title: BSMS Resident Staff
Position Type: Full Time
Position Hours: 40 hours per week
Position Pay: Self-funded
Purpose: BSMS Resident staffpersons oversee the daily operations of the Mission School with an emphasis on young adult discipleship, servant leadership, and learning in an urban neighborhood.
Goals: The BSMS is effectively accomplishing the purpose of preparing young people for a life of mission.
Reports to: BSMS Director
- Participation in the BSMS (30%): Attend all class sessions, complete all assignments (Required readings and assignments modified for interns), and meet with a mentor weekly (Interns meet with BSHOP staff).
- Manage daily operations (25%): These tasks may include: coordinating mealtimes, hospitality, cleaning, special projects, leading a student life team, overseeing journal nights, small groups, or worship leading, etc. They will also enforce safety protocol and emergency procedures for all BSMS students when necessary.
- Disciple young people (25%): Interns will mentor at least one BSMS student 1-on-1 every week during the Mission School, engage
- Invest in local and global mission (20%): Locally, interns will oversee student involvement in a local ministry (ex: Pavilion, Resurgence, Campus life, prayer walking, etc.). Globally, interns may lead or co-lead Phase 2.
- Education: Bachelor’s-level degree from an accredited institution is preferred.
- Age Restrictions: Must be at least age 21.
- Demonstrate leadership potential and experience
- Strong personal commitment to following Jesus Christ
- Passion and calling for discipleship and to minister to and with young adults
- Cross-cultural ministry and leadership experience are preferred.
- Fluency in both Spanish and English is preferred.
- Complete BSMS Student Intern/Staff Training
- Selection based on ministry needs and the skills and qualification of applicants.
To apply, please send resume to [email protected].