Director of Worship
Purpose:The Director of Worship is responsible for leading the body of Haven through music by planning and leading worship services in partnership with the pastoral team. The Director of Worship will equip and guide the volunteer worship participants that are involved in weekly services.
The ideal candidate will be/have:
- Follower of Jesus Christ
- Heart for worship
- Ability to be an encourager to and developer of other worship team members, including, but not limited to, intentionally integrating younger and older generations of worship participants.
- Ability to guide and lead the service musically with preference of guitar and/or piano and vocals with a knowledge and ability to lead from chord charts
- Be or become a member of Haven Church, actively participating in the body
- A flexible team player who is able to effectively work and communicate with a variety of people and personalities
- Evaluate the capabilities of interested members to ensure basic competency and readiness for worship leadership.
- Abilities with technology
- Attention to organizational details
- All other duties as assigned.
- Lead weekly and special worship services and rehearsal prior to each service
- Participate in weekly worship and special service planning session with the planning team
- Participate in the recommendation and evaluation of new worship songs
- Work in conjunction with the Worship Coordinator to implement the weekly and special services
For more information or to submit a cover letter and resume please contact the Haven Church office at [email protected].