Sunnyslope Christian Reformed Church in Salem, OR, is looking for a part-time Pastor of Worship & Discipleship.
Reports to: Lead Pastor
Accountable to: Sunnyslope Church Council
Time Commitment: a 2-year commitment, at 20 hour/week; possibility of renewing position after 2 years
- Assist with planning weekly morning worship services, including, but not limited to:
- Working with the worship planning team to plan the liturgy
- Arranging musician volunteers for each service
- Arranging practice times each week (or as needed)
- Recruit volunteers for participation in the worship service (bible readers, etc.)
- Preaching during one service each month
- Assisting with pastoral care on an as-needed basis, including, but not limited to:
- Care for pastoral needs in the pastor’s absence
- Care for those members seeking his specific pastoral care
- Performing weddings or funerals as desired, and as need and opportunity arise
- Work with the pastor to promote Sunnyslope Church in the community
- Lead the High School Youth Group in conjunction with volunteer members, including:
- Planning biblically-rooted lessons or discussions
- Building relationships among the youth that reflect the care and love of Christ for the youth
- Encouraging the whole church to express their care and responsibility to our youth.
- Administrative duties related to the position:
- Meetings with church staff regularly
Interested? Contact Pastor Rob Toornstra, at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (503) 363-5159.