The Pastor of Discipleship & Congregations Care will provide leadership to Faith CRC Church in the areas of discipleship and care of its members.
A little about Faith CRC
Faith Church is a place where people can grow in their love and knowledge of Christ through relevant and insightful teaching and in community with each other. We are a group of people connected by a desire to build relationships with each other and God. Our faith impacts who we are and what we do. Through living in faith together, we seek to be a pro-active, culturally relevant and Christ-centered church, committed to serving our local and global community. Find out more at faithcrc.org
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Develop an Overall Discipleship Vision
- Provide oversight and leadership of the Discipleship Team
- Oversee Ministries Coordinator and communicate regularly regarding ministry activities
- Develop a comprehensive and continuous plan for faith formation from youth through adult, including, but not limited to:
- Nursery, Children’s Worship, Sunday School, Catechism, GEMS/Cadets, MSM, Youth Group, Post High, Millennials/Young Adults, GROW, Early Risers
- Actively Participate in Relational Ministry
- Be a stable presence in the lives of children through adults as volunteer and stipend-positions may change
- Intentionally seek out ways to establish deep, meaningful relationships (ie one-on-one visits with youth, attending sporting events/concerts, visits to shut-ins, blocks of teaching in catechism, early risers, GROW group teaching
- Assess Current Programs and Future Needs
- Implement programs to meet the needs of the congregation (ie Stephen’s Ministry, intergenerational programs to bridge gap left by Pastor Tony’s retirement)
- Look to community resources to network and share programming, volunteer base, etc.
- Eliminate programs in order to give room for other programs to flourish
- Collaborate with Senior Pastor to Meet Non-Emergent and Emergent Pastoral Care Needs
- Provide Assistance/Relief to Senior Pastor in the following areas:
- Preaching, Administering Sacraments, Funerals, Weddings
Qualifications & Competencies
- Ordained as Pastor in CRC or working towards ordination
- Commitment to Jesus Christ and be a person of exemplary Christian character a person of prayer who practices the spiritual disciplines.
- Be a servant leader who has a desire to work and cooperate in a team atmosphere.
- Relatable to youth.
- Balance development of vision with hands-on presence.
- Be capable of making decisions and holding others accountable.
- Gifted at building relationships.
- Passion for people and enthusiasm for seeing them grow in their faith.
- Willingness to learn community resources and network.
Education and Experience
- Master of Divinity
- Experience providing leadership in a church setting, preferred.
Sound like you?
Email Faith Search Committee, with your resume, cover letter, and any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org