ST. CROIX REFORMED CHURCH
U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS
St. Croix Reformed Church is literally a church on a hill with a wide valley view in the beautiful United States Virgin Islands.
Our inclusive message and mission lets people know the following:
- We want to let our light shine before others and give glory to our Father in Heaven,
- We embrace our Reformed/Presbyterian heritage, and are willing to grow in new ways,
- We value cultural diversity in the welcome we extend to all,
- Music is a vital part of our ministry and church service, as we have adopted a variety of styles and approaches while embracing the traditional.
We are looking for a passionate, empowering, and energetic pastor who can engage us in a meaningful Sunday worship service, and beyond. We want a preacher, teacher, and counselor who can apply Scripture to our daily lives and offer us spiritual direction as we share this journey of life and faith.
Our island is full of families with young children, so we are seeking a pastor who will be involved in the community and can engage with a variety of people. As our island is very diverse, we are seeking someone who is culturally aware, adaptable, and skilled in ministering to people from all walks of life.
Caribbean living has its strengths and struggles. There are beautiful tropical hills and beaches, but also the possibility of hurricanes. The pace of life is somewhat slow which can mean that conveniences are not always as available as in the States. Yet the people throughout the island are warm and inviting.
If you sense a call to join us in this unique and meaningful opportunity, please submit a cover letter, resume, and two brief, yet succinct essays in response to the following questions. We are searching for an Ordained pastor in the Reformed tradition, or a pastoral candidate who is open to being ordained by the RCA. A Master’s of Divinity or related degree is preferred.
- What caused you to enter ministry, what are the core values that define your vision for ministry, and which theologians/authors influence your spiritual philosophy?
- Discuss a challenge that you have faced. How did you solve, manage, and grow from that challenge?
At a further point in the search process, we may ask for a video of a sermon you have presented.
Application material, which is to be kept is confidence, should be sent to:
Dr. Bradley J. Ebersole (SCRC Search Committee Chairperson)
PO Box 224385
Christiansted, USVI 00822
Or emailed to: