The Bellevue (WA) Christian Reformed Church awaits the addition of a full-time Pastor of Worship & Outreach. If you love being a pastor, planning and leading worship, and mobilizing and empowering people to make new disciples, then this position may be perfect for you.
In this full-time position, the Pastor of Worship & Outreach has the privilege of advancing the mission and vision of the BCRC through direct oversight of Worship (40%) and Outreach (40%) ministries. He or she will also have the privilege of working with the Lead Pastor to carry out general pastoral responsibilities (20%).
The ideal candidate for this role:
- has been called by the Lord to serve the local church,
- has been prepared for the work of pastoral ministry through seminary training,
- is a maturing follower of Jesus Christ, committed to the work of the Holy Spirit in his or her life,
- regularly practices spiritual disciplines such as prayer and the study of God’s Word,
- demonstrates the biblical qualifications for the office of elder (I Timothy 3, Titus 1, and I Peter 5).
- is a strategic thinking and independent self-starter, and
- is ordained or willing to be ordained for the role of pastor a denomination in the Reformed tradition.
The ideal competencies for the person filling this role:
- an ability to relate to people of all ages and backgrounds with humility and love,
- a commitment to building teams and to empowering others to participate in mission and ministry,
- experience planning and leading corporate worship,
- sufficient knowledge of technology in support of corporate worship, and
- experience serving the community and sharing the Gospel in a diverse population and progressive culture.
To begin a conversation about this opportunity, email Tammy at [email protected].