QuietWaters Ministries has an opening for a new Executive Director/CEO. Located in the Denver metro area, QW was formed by Christian Reformed leaders to serve pastors, missionaries and Christian ministry leaders. While QW clients come from many denominations around the world, the ministry seeks to maintain a reformed world and life perspective. The ED/CEO serves as the voice and face of the organization providing leadership, dynamic management, public support, donor growth and strategic direction.
Position Title: Executive Director & Chief Executive Officer
Full-Time Professional with Competitive Salary
4901 East Dry Creek Road, Suite 160
Centennial, CO 80122
Location: Denver Metropolitan Area
Date Posted: March 14, 2019
Position: Open Until Filled
QuietWaters Ministries (QW) is seeking a full-time Executive Director (ED)/Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to lead our Christian ministry. The ED/CEO develops and executes the ministry’s vision and strategy in consultation with the QW Board of Trustees. The ED/CEO serves as the voice and face of the organization providing leadership, dynamic management, public support and donor growth and strategic direction.
QuietWaters vision: To ensure that every Christian leader and family has a place to seek and find restoration and renewal.
QuietWaters mission: To renew, restore and strengthen Christian leaders and their families.
QuietWaters (QW) is a non-denominational, non-profit Christian ministry that provides counseling and support to pastors, missionaries, and other Christian leaders from the US and around the world. Since 2001, the licensed counselors of QW have successfully helped hundreds of Christian leaders with personal and professional crises. Clients reside at a retreat house in Parker, Colorado where they engage in one- or two-week, one-on-one intensive counseling sessions to receive the renewal, restoration, and strength they need to get back on track.
Responsibilities and Essential Duties
- Articulate and publicly present the mission, vision and strategy of QW.
- Implement strategies to ensure the growth and success of QW.
- Engage cooperatively with the QW Director of Counseling, QW staff, counselors, donors, clients, volunteers and the QW Board of Trustees to accomplish the mission and vision of the ministry.
- Actively seek and secure necessary funding for the ministry.
- Identify and pursue potential funding sources, including but not limited to grants, donations, events and social media (Colorado Gives).
- Plan and accomplish innovative fund-raising events.
- Nurture existing donor relationships and develop new donor paths.
- Engage and effectively manage the resources of the organization, including but not limited to proper staff management supervision, faithful stewardship financial asset management and upkeep of the retreat house.
- Properly administer all QW operational needs.
The requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities necessary for this position.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Five or more years’ experience in non-profit and/or Christian ministries or compatible associated field.
- Strong adaptive leadership skills .
- Capacity to flexibly adapt to changing environment.
- Wisely assess, research, imagine and implement solutions.
- Ability to self-motivate and multi-task while also engaging strengths of staff, volunteers and board.
- Proven successful fundraising, management and administrative experience.
- Ability to understand and accomplish tasks and aptly execute reports, budgets, fund-raising statistics, and financial documents.
- Familiar with applied multi-year donor support approaches with similar Colorado front range area ministries (or willingness to quickly learn).
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Capacity to write clear and compelling reports, letters, requests, marketing literature, website information, media releases, and support documents.
- Engaging interpersonal skills.
- Ability to speak publicly to audiences of varying sizes.
- Exemplify a strong, vibrant, personal Christian faith marked by spiritual maturity, humility and moral integrity.
- Demonstrate a posture of learning and cooperation.
- Active membership in a Christian church.
- Additional Information.
- Previous experience with a non-profit organization or counseling is helpful.
- Demonstrate critical commitment to maintain client and donor base confidentiality
- Applicants residing in (or willing to relocate to) the Metropolitan Denver, Colorado area are encouraged to apply.
QuietWaters offers a competitive salary and benefits. If you possess these qualifications and seek a leadership position with a Colorado-based Christian ministry, please submit your resume and a cover letter detailing your interest and relevant qualifications to [email protected].
QuietWaters is an Equal Opportunity Employer and our financial standards meet the approval of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability (ECFA).