Worship Director Job Description
Job Title: Worship Director
Status: Part Time, 20-24 hours per week
Reporting: Worship Director collaborates with the Senior Pastor and reports to the Ad Board
Provide leadership in creating a dynamic worship experience for Westend Christian Reformed Church. This is accomplished by developing and leading worship and technical teams through prayer, creativity, coordination, leadership and evaluation of all worship experiences. The Worship Director will work closely with staff and pastors to prayerfully grow the worship life of the church to strengthen the church body and the church mission.
• Recruit, develop, and lead members of the congregation to participate in worship in a that is consistent with the church’s mission and vision.
• Create, coordinate, and lead regular worship services.
• Develop worship service in collaboration with the Senior Pastor and others as needed.
• Lead, or arrange leadership of, weekly worship rehearsals, Sunday services, and other special services (Ex.
Christmas, Maundy Thursday, Thanksgiving).
• Choose appropriate worship details that help emphasize the content of the service message or align with the current series/season.
• Maintain regular office hours and participate in staff meetings.
• Delegate aspects of worship ministry to worship team members to intentionally cultivate greater participation and use of worship gifts.
• Proactively encourage the youth of the church to develop their skills and gifts relating to worship and coordinate them to participate in worship.
• Oversee the recruitment and scheduling of worship team members (instrumentalists, vocalists, sound and computer technicians).
• Care for the worship and tech team members, seeing to help them grow in their faith and the use of their worship/tech gifts.
• Continually contribute to the life and mission of Westend Church.
• 2+ years of experience as a Worship Director or significant experience leading worship teams
• Familiarity with a broad spectrum of worship music
• Previous experience training others how to lead worship
• Previous musical training and proficiency
• Experience using audio-visual equipment, Planning Center, and presentation software
Characteristics and Skills
• A deep love for the Lord Jesus Christ and for the local church
• A genuine love for worship and a desire to enable others to worship
• A team builder who encourages and builds others up
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to think creatively
• Ability to establish and maintain interpersonal relationships