Worship/Discipleship Leader (Connect Church, Pella, Iowa)
Position Objective: Provides leadership to the worship ministries and discipleship development of Connect Church so people are connected to Jesus.
Position Description: Work in collaboration with the pastor to oversee and coordinate all the details of worship services. Assist the pastor in organizing and implementing a quality discipleship ministry that transforms people into mature followers of Christ. Develop and maintain the social media and video ministry platforms of Connect Church.
- A clear testimony of faith in Jesus Christ and a vital, growing relationship with Him that is intentionally fostered through the spiritual disciplines.
- Has a professed and lived out love for Jesus and people.
- Has a heart for the spiritual transformation of congregational members and a passion to make new disciples through community outreach and sharing the gospel.
- Is vulnerable, patient, and humble.
- Commitment to the mission, vision, and worship philosophy of Connect Church.
- Becomes a professing member of Connect Church.
- Prays regularly that the Holy Spirit works to make, mature and multiply disciples of Jesus who are passionate worshipers and disciple-makers.
- A leader who communicates in a way that inspires those around him/her to join in the pursuit of that vision in both worship and discipleship.
- Able to gather and lead other singers and instrumentalists.
- Has the ability to work one-on-one with people and to lead and train small group leaders.
- Has experience in discipleship and evangelism work.
- Skilled in the use of technology in worship, including but not limited to sound, lighting, computers, slides, and video projection.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Plan, coordinate and lead worship services (Saturdays - PRC/Sundays - Connect)
- Schedule, recruit volunteers, develop and oversee worship teams (plus sound and projection @ PRC)
- Set up and lead weekly worship practices (PRC/Connect)
- Serve as Worship Ministry Team Lead
- Provide resources for both the Worship Ministry Team and congregation to train about worship.
- Coordinate & teach for Cross Training videos
- Serve as Discipleship Ministry Team Lead
- Develop relationships in the community, particularly with Central College
- Engage in one-on-one discipleship relationships
- Engage in personal continuing education to grow as a disciple of Jesus
- Attend and participate fully in staff, lead pastor, and executive meetings
Social Media Developer:
- Oversee all visual, sound and technical aspects of worship
- Responsible for developing and posting on Social Media (3-5 times weekly on the following outlets: Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and website).
- Record, edit and post worship services and cross training videos on Facebook and website.
For more information or to submit a resume, please email [email protected].