Youth Ministry Leader
The Youth Ministry Leader provides effective, godly and visionary leadership to the youth ministry programs at Jennings Creek Christian Reformed Church (JCCRC), creating a culture in which youth are inspired to Belong. Grow. Serve.
The Youth Ministry Leader will primarily minister to youth in grades 8-12 while also providing some insight to the faith formation of all ages. This is a part-time position (15-20 hours/week, with the potential of some additional hours, such as preaching. (There is the potential for an additional employment opportunity for the right candidate which would allow for a combined full-time position. Please contact for more details)
- Display spiritual maturity, a love for God, and be growing as a disciple of Jesus Christ.
- Accept the Bible as God’s infallible word.
- A motivated self-starter able to initiate projects and relationships with people.
- Have the ability to relate well with youth and enjoy time spent with youth.
- Demonstrate leadership, teaching, and teamwork capabilities.
- Have, preferably, a bachelor’s degree with coursework in education, youth ministry, Bible and theology.
- Have, preferably, two or more years of experience related to youth ministry (paid or unpaid).
- Embrace a Reformed world and live view. Musical interest and ability to lead in this area would be a benefit
- Be willing to become a member of JCCRC
Accountability and Development
- The Youth Ministry Leader is accountable to the Church Council. Weekly supervision and encouragement will come from the Pastor. Executive Council will conduct a performance review on an annual basis.
- The Youth Ministry Leader will meet monthly with the Youth Discipleship Team for encouragement and direction.
- The Youth Ministry Leader will have a willingness to participate in continuing education opportunities.
- Through a ministry of praying, modelling, teaching, evangelizing, pastoring, and equipping, encourage youth to know, love, serve, and share Jesus Christ.
- Incorporate the JCCRC vision (Belong. Grow. Serve) into the Youth Ministry program.
- Recruit, train, encourage and support volunteers of the youth ministry program.
- Develop the youth ministry calendar and communicate clearly to the congregation (email/calls to parents and youth, Weekly bulletin announcements)
- Plan and lead weekly youth meetings.
- Connect personally with youth; connect youth with each other; and connect youth within the larger body of Christ.
- Plan and facilitate: SERVE (Short term mission trip 1 week every other year), All Ontario Youth Convention (once a year on long weekend in May), Grade 11/12 Retreat (Once a year in the fall) and Classis Quinte fall retreat (ordinarily once a year).
- Coordinate with other ministries within the church
- Participate in staff meetings.
- Connect with other youth ministry leaders within the community.
- Work in a mutually-supportive way with the parents and teachers of youth.
- Play a leadership role in Odyssey (Currently a monthly program held on Sunday’s during worship for Grades 6-10)
- Potential to preach on occasion (This would depend on the candidate’s desire and giftedness. Any preaching opportunity would be considered above the regular duties and would be reimbursed accordingly)
- Be willing to adhere to JCCRC Safe Church Policy.
Please email resume’s to [email protected] by August 31, 2019.
If you have any questions feel free to contact the church office at 705-328-0177
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted.