Classis Huron Mission Catalyzer
Classis Huron invites applications for a part-time two day a week Mission Catalyzer position. If you are a mission minded, motivated, visionary person who is excited to engage in equipping, encouraging and empowering congregations with the resources and training to further develop mission-shaped ministries both locally and globally, we encourage to you check out this position. Please send resumes to [email protected] by April 18, 2019.
JOB DESCRIPTION – Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Encourage vision casting, strategies and goals for mission-shaped ministry in the region. Work in collaboration with the Resonate Canada East Regional Mission Team and Classis Huron Home Missions Committee (CHHMC). Includes regular meetings with the Resonate Team and CHHMC.
- Equip, encourage and empower congregations with resources and training to develop further mission-shaped ministries and/or birth new church plants and missional projects.
- Stimulate the intentional discipleship and growth of missional leaders in the local context by identifying, recruiting and equipping potential leaders, especially ethnic and younger leaders, so that each individual is equipped to participate and lead in God’s mission.
- Encourage and equip churches to shift from maintenance to mission, and working with churches to share the stories and to teach one another.
- Connect with local mission networks that unite God’s people locally and globally who work for spiritual and social transformation of their communities.
- Develop relationships with partners, such as other ecumenical groups, mission organizations and denominational partners- that support the development of mission-shaped congregations and leaders for local and global engagement.
- Work with Resonate and other partners to provide tools and resources for cross-cultural competencies to assist local congregations in connecting with their diverse communities.
- Strengthen the connection between the churches and ministries of Classis and their global Resonate missionaries and partners.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by the chair of CHHMC and/or Resonate Global Missions Regional Leader as the role of Mission Catalyzer evolves and develops.
Qualifications and Skills
- Be a member of a Christian church and agreement with the Statement of Faith documents listed in the Covenant for Officebearers for the CRC
- A proven, mature Christian leader in their community of faith
- Wholly committed to the mission of God through His church, with a heart for the lost and a passion to reach people with the Gospel and be part of the Kingdom movement of God
- Spirit led person of prayer and discernment who can lead others in this discernment process
- Awareness of and willingness to continue learning about the missional context in North America and around the world
- Catalytic leader, with demonstrated ability in vision casting, leadership, team building, coaching, collaboration, and networker, active and influential in their local setting
- Creative, adaptive and flexible, able to be a non-anxious presence amidst diversity and ambiguity
- Personally motivated and a self-starter, with demonstrated ability to accomplish goals and produce results with little direct oversight/management
- Works across systems and partnerships with ease, building trusting relationships with a variety of partners to build synergy, significant consensus and communal identity
- Demonstrates commitment to diversity and to racial reconciliation and to enfolding and empowering members of racial and ethnic communities within and outside the CRCNA.
- Able to use technology effectively and consistently in order to contribute to the health of a distributed staff network
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and relational skills with a servant heart
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred with some academic engagement on missional topics
- A minimum of three years ministry leadership experience with demonstrated fruitfulness in global and/or local missions and ministry where they are currently serving
- Coach training, or willingness to participate in coach training, required
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job
- This employee will work from home as part of a distributed team and so, must have access to reliable internet for video conferencing and be able and willing to travel as needed to meet duties
Hours and Reimbursement
- This position is expected to total 16 hours per week for 50 weeks per year for a total of $25,000 plus mileage expenses and employee expenses (CPP, EI, etc).
- The Mission Catalyzer will attend meetings and make regular reports directly to the CHHMC. The chair of the CHHMC will ensure that annual goals are set and conduct an annual review in partnership with the Resonate Global Missions Regional Leader. The CHHMC will report annually to CH on the work of the Mission Catalyzer. The Mission Catalyzer will give a written and verbal report to Classis at each meeting, and ensuring that churches will share their missional stories.