The Council of Delegates of the Christian Reformed Church in North America (CRCNA) approved and established a search team for the position of General Secretary of the CRCNA, a position they hope to fill during Synod 2022 pending approval of the SALT report's recommendations about restructured governance.
The General Secretary will be an ordained pastor with the privilege of nurturing the shared mission of the CRCNA and ensuring the effective implementation of this mission. Towards that end, the General Secretary will shape and embrace an organizational culture that supports an effective partnership and collaboration between the ministry boards, agencies, partners, and staff that serve the CRCNA. The General Secretary will also have the privilege of nurturing strong ecumenical relationships.
Here’s what a great fit look like between a person and this position:
- Enlivened and deepening spiritual life that reflects the ongoing work of the Holy Spirit.
- Sensitive and caring shepherd.
- Emotional health and resilient spirit.
- Able to give testimony to his or her love for the Lord and the local church.
- Able to articulate how the Lord has been preparing him or her for the role of General Secretary.
- Master of Divinity degree.
- Ten years pastoral experience.
- Experience shaping the culture of an organization while leading it through a season of change into a new future.
- A pastor known for fostering organizational unity and healthy, conviction and compassion, and a non-anxious presence.
- A gifted communicator able to clearly and persuasively speak to individuals and groups of all sizes.
- A diplomatic leader who understands the times and their implications for life and ministry.
- Energized by the challenge of shaping an organization's culture.
- Thrives serving a bi-national, multi-cultural denomination.
- Loves to travel in order to build relationships through encounters with a wide variety of people groups.
Here’s how you can help:
- Pray that the General Secretary Search Team will discern the person the Lord has been preparing for this important role.
- If you would like to receive more information about the position or you would like to enter the discernment process that leads to the identity of the next General Secretary of the CRCNA, email [email protected].
- If while reading this announcement a person came to mind, you may nominate that individual by sending an email to [email protected].
- You can also visit crcna.org/GenSecSearch for additional information.