There have been countless times in my life where I have needed the grace of God’s tangible words through his Word. Times when I have felt hopeless amidst hard times. And I’m sure you have experienced the same, in some way. No matter where you are at in life, one thing is certain: we all need truth spoken into our lives. What better way to seek truth in difficult times, than from the very words of God in the Bible?
I hope these next 15 verses encourage you, as much as they have encouraged me in hard times. Highlight them in your Bible. Write them on a notecard. Pray over them. Let them sink deep into the depths of your heart.
- Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
- Philippians 4:4-7 Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
- John 14:27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your hearts be troubled, neither let them be afraid.
- Psalm 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!
- 1 Corinthians 2:9 What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived the things God has prepared for those who love him.
- Isaiah 41:10 Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
- Psalm 46:1-3 God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way, though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea, though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains tremble at its swelling.
- James 1:2-4 Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing.
- Isaiah 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, declares the Lord.
- Exodus 14:14 The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent.
- Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and courageous. Do not fear or be in dread of them, for it is the Lord your God who goes with you. He will not leave you or forsake you.
- Isaiah 43:1 But now, this is what the LORD says- he who created you, Jacob, he who formed you, Israel: “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
- Jeremiah 32:27 Behold, I am the Lord, the God of all flesh. Is anything too hard for me?
- Psalm 91:14-15 Because he holds fast to me in love, I will deliver him; I will protect him, because he knows my name. When he calls to me, I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble; I will rescue him and honor him.
- Psalm 139 O Lord, you have searched me and known me! You know when I sit down and when I rise up; you discern my thoughts from afar. You search out my path and my lying down and are acquainted with all my ways. Even before a word is on my tongue, behold, O Lord, you know it altogether. You hem me in, behind and before, and lay your hand upon me. Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high; I cannot attain it.
May these verses be an inspiration to you, knowing that our lives are rooted in Christ and that HE is the answer to our every doubt. Every struggle. And every pain. Immanuel – God with us.