The leaders of Westwood CRC in Kalamazoo are excited to host the three hour "4 Chair Discipling Seminar" in Kalamazoo on November 5 from 9 am to 12:15 pm. The workshop is based on the book and work of Dann Spader, and is offered by the organization Sonlife. The training helps a church with an overall strategy for building a ministry that multiplies disciples who make disciples.
Jesus recognized that the people He encountered were at different stages of growth and development, and He challenged them to move to the next level. In the 4 Chair Discipling Seminar, you'll get a clear and simple picture of how to follow in Jesus' footsteps and do the same thing.
Included in the Seminar:
- A fresh look at Jesus as our model for being a disciple who makes disciples.
- An overview of the 4 Chair Discipling process, highlighting Jesus’ 4 challenges.
- A simple understanding of what we need to know and do to become fishers of men.
- A simple understanding of what we need to know and do to grow to be like Jesus in our character and priorities.
- A simple understanding of the barriers that keep us from moving to the next chair and how we can experience breakthrough.
- Our new 4 Chair Discipling Inventory, an assessment tool for individuals to identify where they are at in the discipling process.
- A sample study from the 40 Days of Disciple-making Journal.
The seminar will be led by Pastor Jim Halstead of Community CRC in Fort Wayne, Indiana, where he has served since January 2010. He’s pastored for over 25 years with the Evangelical Free Church of America (EFCA), Christian and Missionary Alliance (C&MA) and the Christian Reformed Church (CRC). He recently served as the Prayer Coordinator and the Chairman of the Home Missions Committee for Classis Kalamazoo and he serves an alternate board member for the Christian Reformed Home Missions (CRHM).
The Registration cost for the Seminar and Materials is $25 /person. Registration increases to $35 /person one week before the training event (10/29). Walk-in rate is $35 but materials are not guaranteed for walk-ins. Please register early to ensure you will receive all the 4 Chair Discipling materials. Please send your name(s) and email address to Pastor Mike Koetje or Roger Boyd at the email addresses below, or send a letter to Ginny Hoekstra at the church address below. Please send registration funds (and checks made out to Westwood Christian Reformed Church) to Ginny Hoekstra by mail as well.
Date: November 5, 2016
Time: 8:30 a.m. for Registration. 9:00 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. for Seminar
Location: Westwood Christian Reformed Church*, 620 Northampton, Kalamazoo, MI 49006
Church Ph: (269)381-8691 (Ginny Hoekstra, church secretary)
*Westwood Christian Reformed Church is located about 1 mile east of US 131 (exit 38), just off West Main Street (M-43) on Northampton, which only goes north from West Main (1 block East of Turwill Lane).