Faith Formation Ministries invites you to consider joining a cohort of twenty congregations that will work with us to intentionally strengthen their faith formation practices from October 2017 to January 2019.
What is a cohort?
A cohort is a group of congregations that work together with a shared purpose in order to provide each other encouragement and support.
In this new cohort, ten congregations will focus on faith formation for seasoned saints: people in the “third third” of life (60+ years old). An additional ten congregations will focus on emerging leaders (16 to 30 years old). Cohort church members will meet in person at the 2018 Worship Symposium at Calvin College as well as virtually through video formats.
Cohort congregations will:
- Identify the health of their congregational culture and their faith formation framework.
- Explore how emerging leaders and people in the “third third” of life can be faithful to God’s call as they progress through life transitions.
- Discover concrete ways that these two demographics can become a significant support to each other’s faith walk.
- Discern what practices and programs are already working well to support these two groups.
- Experiment with two or three ways to further strengthen faith for these two groups.
Below is a flyer with more information that you can use to invite others to join the cohort!