Come and meet farmers affected by drought and erratic rainfall who are now reaping a harvest thanks to the introduction of new farming practices. You’ll see renewed hope for an abundant life. World Renew’s 2018 Conservation Ag Tour gives you the opportunity to experience God at work, restoring hope in rural communities in East Africa. You’ll meet dedicated staff, grassroots volunteers and visit communities working together with church partners to improve food security for families both now and for the long term.
Dates: November 24, 2018 to December 5, 2018
Time Commitment: 12 Days in Kenya, plus 10 - 15 hours of reading, orientation, and preparation.
- Complete pre-field reading, preparation, and orientation before arriving in Kenya.
- Share your experience with others about your trip.
- Participants must be 16 years of age or older and a Canadian or US resident.
- Must be able to endure tropical climate.
- Be compassionate, respectful of other cultures.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to view life with a sense of humor.
- The total estimated in country costs per person are $1,200 USD. (Other additional costs may include, but can vary.)
- Airfare to Nairobi, Kenya
- Out-of-country medical and travel insurance
- Spending money ($200 USD recommended)
- Grow in your faith and relationship with God.
- Build new relationships and fellowship with the local community.
- Serve as an encouragement to Christians in Kenya.
- Partner with World Renew staff, learn about their work, and encourage them in their efforts to serve the people of Kenya.
- Learn from, serve, and be served by people from different culture. Develop your personal perspective on poverty, missions, and community development,
- Learn about the history and culture of Kenya.
- Gain satisfaction from seeing your prayers and contributions to World Renew impact communities in Kenya.
- Raise awareness and educate people in North America about how conservation agriculture is making an impact in the area of food security.
Support Services Provided:
- World Renew will provide orientation materials as well as ongoing logistics and support to meet the needs of the volunteers, local community, and Kenyan staff.
- World Renew offers a pre-trip orientation session. This is required for all participants.
- World Renew will provide you with consultation and/or visits by missionary staff when available.
- World Renew will provide you with opportunities to link your individual/church’s mission and vision to work being done in Kenya.
- World Renew will support you with recognition in various communications to supporters.