Every year churches across the Christian Reformed Church celebrate the multicultural church of Christ during All Nations Heritage Week. Find all the worship resources we provide to support your celebration here!
- a suggested scripture passage
- free bulletin inserts in English, Spanish and Korean and bulletin covers in English, (order through Faith Alive)
- a description of the image from the inserts and covers in English, Spanish, or Korean
- communion resources for highlighting refugees & immigrants
- a litany and PowerPoint slide/bulletin insert
- a sermon resource: A Biblical-Theological View on Diversity and Racism by Rev. Shiao Chong
Jeremiah 9:23-24 New International Version (NIV)
Understanding, Kindness, Justice
This is what the LORD says:
Let not the wise boast of their wisdom or the strong boast of their strength or the rich boast of their riches, but let the one who boasts boast about this:
that they have the understanding to know me, that I am the LORD, who exercises kindness, justice, and righteousness on earth, for in these I delight,” declares the LORD.
Description of the image (English):
Steve Prince created Who Is My Neighbor? for a 2014 conference in Grand Rapids, Mich. A New Orleans native, Steve says this drawing was inspired by a photograph from the 1963 Civil Rights March on Washington, D.C.: “I was struck by the beautiful interlocking of arms of people from different ethnic backgrounds. The photograph was taken as . . . everyone was singing . . . ‘Lift Every Voice and Sing.’ . . . [It] was taken in front of the Lincoln Memorial.
I replace that background with black male and female bodies stacked and packed in a slave ship. Their bodies symbolically represent a root issue, race, and representation, that we have to deal with in America. The chains of slavery are transformed in the linking of hands across ethnic and gender lines. . . I hope my drawing will assist us, as Christians, in grappling with deep-seated divisions in our nation.”
- All Nations Hertiage - Hanto Yo (Hanto Yo means "clear the way" in the Lakota language of the North American Plans)
- All Nations Heritage - Our World Belongs to God
- All Nations Heritage - Remembering, Celebrating, and Carrying on the Dream of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- All Nations Heritage - Belhar Confession
- Suggested Scripture Passages for All Nations
- All Nations Heritage - Hanto Yo (Espanol)
- All Nations Heritage - Our World Belongs to God (Espanol)
- All Nations Heritage - Remembering, Celebrating, and Continuing on the Dream of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. (Espanol)
- Sugerencia de pasajes bíblicos para la Semana de la Celebración de las Naciones.pdf