So, how was it?!
Remember, I stayed home from Symposium this year and missed the worship services, training sessions, concerts and camaraderie! If you attended, let the rest of us in on one or two things that were especially meaningful. Pick any question to help you reflect and share.
- What refreshed your own soul?
- What new skill did you begin to practice?
- Which of the many new ideas will you first try out on your congregation?
- Who blessed you? --Made you laugh, made you think, made you cry, made you wonder, broke through your defenses, confirmed your faith, etc. Last year, Ken Medema played the beginning of Messiah’s Comfort Ye as an introduction to the song, There is A Redeemer. When I recognized the connection, I wept. And the tears washed away a layer of soot, exposing tender ground for the Spirit to work during the rest of the weekend.
- What one idea do you have for including the Psalms in your own church’s worship?
- What one new resource are you most eager to start using?
Don’t leave the rest of us hanging! Help us out. Share your experience with us. Maybe next year, you’ll be the one stuck back at home, waiting for us to report to you!
P.S. If you have specific suggestions, thanks, or critique about Symposium 2012, please contact the good folks at the Calvin Institute of Christian Worship. This blog is intended to multiply the experience and learning, not to evaluate the conference.