Worship Ministries wants to encourage everyone who wants to learn more about worship to take this first class taught by Paul Ryan this summer. If finances are an issue, please email us at [email protected] for details - we are able to help with finances for anyone to take this study. We encourage this for all who are interested in worship, including high school students through older adults. If you love to worship you will benefit and learn from Paul Ryan's class, no matter your age.
You're invited to register for summer online worship classes through Calvin University. There will be several offerings available! We have highlighted these two:
- Planning and Leading Worship: a one-credit course completed in three weeks, taught by Paul Ryan. Paul is able to offer his course for each of the 3 summer school sessions. Sign ups here for this course. All worship leaders, planners, youth, etc, are encouraged to take this class. You can audit for only $271.00.
- Introduction to Christian Worship: Sign up here - a three-credit course completed in three weeks, taught by John Witvliet.
Registration information here. In both cases people can sign up for 'audit' credit or full. When registering, scroll down the page to see the courses listed. At the top of the page, make sure people click the non-Calvin student button. If you have questions about Summer Term that aren’t answered here, contact the Registrar’s office in the Center for Student Success.
First, a super practical summer on-line class on worship planning skills taught by Paul Ryan. Paul is an exceptional mentor to Calvin University Worship Apprentices--and now he can be your teacher, too! You'll find Paul's course listed in this complete roster of Calvin University courses--and note that he is teaching it 3 times, so you could take it starting June 1, June 22, or July 15.
A few notes and highlights:
- *This is a 3-week course that you can take for credit or audit (or simply because you love to learn).
- *Students could take this from anywhere in the world. While there will be opportunities to interact, there is flexibility to complete assignments in any time zone.
- *This a suitable for beginners, and will also offer fresh perspectives for veterans.
- *The class is designed for students from quite different kinds of churches.
- *The class will feature several ways to put generously orthodox theological convictions "in motion."
- *This a great class for a church staff or ministry team to take together.
- *High school graduates are welcome, even if you haven't started at a college or university. We'll be sure to check in with you as this course unfolds to make sure that you are staying on track.
- *The cost for this 1-credit hour class has been reduced (from $867 to $542) for university credit. Auditors can take this for 50% of that--which makes it on $271.00 - a bit less expensive than coming to our full, 3-day Worship Symposium.
Note: you'll also see a 3-credit hour course John Witvliet is teaching on worship and theology. If you are serious about learning, you can sign up for both!
Calvin University will soon be advertising additional summer classes focused specifically on Christian life and ministry in a COVID-shaped world. The classes listed above on worship are distinct from these, focusing instead on core foundational Christian practices.