Experience: Minimum of 3 years leading music in a local church. Experience with (or a willingness to learn) worship that includes reading and response and has a well-thought-out order with the goal of communicating the gospel (ie-liturgy). Experience leading a team of musicians and discipling them as you lead them.
Knowledge, skills, and gifts:
- Established worship leading skills as a musician and vocalist, displaying a confident grasp of voice, guitar and/or piano, and effective stage presence
- Able to communicate a “philosophy of worship”
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the gospel as the central message of the scriptures
- Experience discipling other musicians
- Strong leadership skills; pastoral heart and love for people; ability to lead a team of volunteers and work effectively with staff and leadership teams
- Strong verbal and written communication ability
- Proficient in Propresenter and knowledgeable of sound equipment and mixing sound
- Candidate must be well spoken of by unbelievers have friends who don't know Jesus
*This position will be mainly Worship Director/Pastor but also include a secondary role.
Main Role: “Chief Musician” (75%)
- Serve as the primary worship leader in Sunday morning worship gatherings, while also involving other musicians and worship leaders
- Work closely with the Lead Pastor to develop weekly service plans that fit with the series theme; post-service plans on Planning Center Online, including song lists, example recordings, chord charts, and other creative and liturgical elements
- Schedule, rehearse, and communicate with volunteer musicians/vocalists for weekly gatherings — includes a weekly rehearsal (on a weeknight of your choosing) and rehearsal on Sunday morning before our gathering
- Recruit, audition, and coach volunteers
- Prepare music that falls within the current musical and creative style of the church while also casting vision for new directions; include both ancient and modern elements that provide historical rootedness in a modern stylistic context
- Write liturgy (this is something that can be learned over time with the assistance of the Lead Pastor) that allows the congregation to participate in worship
- Oversee the scheduling of sound, projection, scripture readers, elders for prayer, and deacons to collect offering for Sunday worship (you may not have to schedule each of these, but make sure whoever is responsible for scheduling them does so)
- Develop a worship culture at CCC, which is Christ focusses, creative, and high quality
- Develop other musicians: Work with musicians in the church, recognize their gift and help grow them in their craft
Secondary role (25%)
Worship Leading is the bulk of this position but another responsibility will be required. What exactly that is will depend on the person, their desires, and gifting. Our preference would be in the area of Youth/Family ministry (leading Middle School/High School ministries). Other areas would be community group development or executive responsibilities.
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
REQUIRED FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Completed questionnaire (see below)
- Video links (YouTube, Vimeo) to at least 2 video recordings with acceptable audio and video quality of you leading worship while singing and playing an instrument. Live footage from a worship service preferred.