The Director of Worship & Next Gen (the Director) is the lead worshipper who models and shepherds the congregation of Cragmor Christian Reformed Church (CCRC) in true and spiritual worship of the triune God. The Director will help create an environment that invites and equips the Next Generation (typically 18-30) to know and share Christ Jesus. The Director will provide overall direction and vision for the worship ministries and Next-Gen discipleship in line with the mission and vision of CCRC. This is a full-time salaried position.
- A person with a growing and contagious love for Christ.
- A professing Christian who will regularly attend CCRC and affirms Reformed doctrine.
- A person who meets the Biblical qualifications for leaders in the church (Titus 1:6-9, 1 Tim. 3:1-13, and 1 Peter 5:1-5).
- A person with passion and giftedness to lead the whole congregation as true worshippers (John 4:23-34) informed by a Reformed understanding of worship.
- A person with passion to implement and lead dynamic ministry to the Next-Gen.
- A person who is skilled in leading musicians.
- A person who has proficiency in reading music and leading a sound team.
- A person who is not afraid to try new things.
- A team player willing to be flexible and work with other staff members.
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree.
- A person who is gifted in gathering and inviting others into relationships.
- A person with experience in a diversity of musical styles.
- A person who has a knowledge of Reformed liturgy.
- A person who has a clear vision for worship and Next-Gen ministry.
- A person with strong planning skills and is familiar with ProPresenter and Planning Center.
- Our congregation will be vibrantly engaged in worship, especially on Sunday mornings.
- Our congregation will develop skilled and passionate musicians and worship leaders.
- Our congregation will be engaged in ministry to the Next-Gen.
- Our congregation will grow in the number of professing Next-Gen members.
- In conjunction with the Pastor, plan, lead, and implement vibrant worship services (music, liturgy, sound, and visuals).
- Coordinate rehearsals for the worship services, work with and recruit other worship volunteers.
- Oversee the entire sanctuary space as it pertains to the worship environment.
- Develop and implement discipleship and evangelistic ministries to the Next-Gen.
- Develop relationships and take primary care for shepherding the Next-Gen.
- Provide insight into helping our entire congregation be more welcoming to Next Gen.
- Partner with UCCS campus ministries to enhance Student Ministry.
- Be a champion for the Next-Gen, helping our whole congregation become more welcoming.
- Oversee the use of the church house gathering space.
- Various occasional duties as assigned and agreed upon by the staff.
- Participate in staff meetings and routine meetings with the senior pastor.
- Report to the senior pastor under the supervision of the elders.
- Provide a quarterly report to the Council.
- Participate in continuing education and spiritual formation activities to grow in Christlikeness and ministry competency.
- Develop and oversee an annual budget for areas of responsibility.