Open Position – Children’s Ministry Director
Position: Director of Children’s Ministry
Reports to: Pastor
Pay-rate: $13+/hour (depending on experience), non-benefitted
Sanctuary CRC is seeking a loving, responsible, faithful leader to oversee faith formation for our children and youth. Sanctuary is a small but growing church located in the Greenwood Neighborhood of Seattle with a vibrant children’s ministry. A typical Sunday sees 60-70 adult worshipers and as many as 30 children under the age of 12.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree, previous experience in serving and leading children or youth ministry, and a deep commitment to Christ, the Bible, and an appreciation for the reformed view of the Christian faith.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Love our youth, and love those who teach our youth
- Give leadership (along with our Children’s Ministry elder) to the Children’s Ministry team
- Meet quarterly to check in, plan for the future, and mutual encouragement
- Lead in recruiting, scheduling, and training volunteers
- Pray for our youth, their parents, and the volunteers
- Maintain a safe & supportive environment for children on Sunday mornings
- Keep our curriculum up-to-date and accessible to volunteers (currently using Faith Alive’s DWELL curriculum)
- Teach or assist in classes 3x/month
- Attend monthly all-staff meetings (currently on the 2nd Tuesday)
- Ensure volunteer background checks are complete and up-to-date
- Coordinate childcare for non-Sunday events
- Be present at least 3 out of 4 Sundays per month either teaching or as point-person
Please send a cover letter & resume along with 3 references to:
Mark Mohrlang @ firstname.lastname@example.org.