Director of Youth and Family Life
Grant Reformed Church
271 East State St, Grant, MI, 49327, 231-834-8668, grantreformed.org
Application Deadline, May 1st 2017
YOUTH DIRECTOR POSITION
15-20 HOURS/WEEK with the possibility of additional hours in administration, pastoral care, preaching, or outreach.
- Plan & facilitate youth group gatherings for middle school and high school students.
- Equip volunteer leaders and prepare small group questions.
- Plan games & activities for youth group nights
- Lead own small group of high school students
- Meet with supervisor
- Meet with middle and high school leaders.
- Meet with students individually
- Potential to preach one or two times per month
- Prepare monthly report of previous month’s work for consistory
- Plan & facilitate youth retreats
- Plan & facilitate leader training
- Plan & facilitate parents meeting
- Plan & facilitate mission trips
- Oversee fundraising events
- Help plan semester calendars
1. Mature and growing Christian faith showing a strong Christian worldview, demonstrated by personal integrity, Christian discipline, a clear knowledge of Scripture. The candidate must be a professing membership of a Reformed congregation, displaying a high view of Scripture and subscription to the three-forms of unity.
2. Demonstrated ability to listen well and appreciate a variety of viewpoints.
3. A self-starter who is able to initiate projects and relationships with people as needed.
4. Able to work as part of a team and with people from a variety of perspectives and willing to seek and listen carefully to the input of God and others.
5. Willingness to seek out and participate in continuing educational opportunities in relevant ministry areas.
6. Must be a teachable, humble, and willing to learn the religious and social context of our community.
7. Resilient and flexible; able to adjust to a different rhythm of life; a high level of patience with self and a diminished need to be “in control.”
8. (Optional) May be willing to relocate to the community to be closer to Grant Reformed Church.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelor’s degree preferred in a theological related field.
2. Some experience in local church youth ministry preferred.
Application Deadline May 1st—Please have all applications and resumes e-mailed to the above address no later than May 1st.