Director of Youth Ministries and Education
Faith Christian Reformed Church
Faith CRC of Pella, IA, is seeking a Director of Youth Ministries and Education to oversee our growing youth programs and to facilitate our educational programing for K-12. The successful candidate must create opportunities and environments to reach and shepherd teens and to partner with parents in guiding their children towards a life-long relationship with Jesus Christ.
Youth Leadership (20-25 hours):
- To be the key leader of the high school youth ministry. Develop annual theme and coordinate Bible study or lessons for Wednesday evenings.
- Organize game and activity time into the Wednesday youth meetings.
- Organize youth outings, such as outreach, summer camps, or other activities.
- Identify, recruit, train, equip and develop leaders to be a part of the Youth Ministry.
- To participate with the High School Youth Group in SERVE projects or other mission trips and to encourage youth participation in at least one mission project per year.
- During the week, invest in the lives of students building relationships with them in the most effective ways possible. Visit with high school students on the campus where they are students.
- Emphasize discipleship and help students know who they are in Christ. Offer spiritual guidance in preparing youth for profession of faith. (Be a mentor and encourage mentors.)
- Develop student leadership within the High School Youth Group and seek ways to connect the youth group program to Faith CRC outreach programs and other opportunities to serve in areas of the church (praise band, Project Serve, etc.)
- Have regular communication with parents
- Prepare an annual budget for needs of youth ministry.
- Set up specific annual goals for the Youth Group.
Educational Program Coordination/Leadership (10-15 hrs):
- Work with the Education Team to develop, implement and manage K-12 Sunday School program that passes on the faith and forms disciples. This includes providing for relevant and engaging curriculum.
- Train, equip and develop volunteer Sunday School leaders
- To be a relationship resource for the leaders in GEMS and Cadets
- Work to maintain continuity in the program from year to year through use of the appropriate curriculum that integrates our church’s mission (“Love God. Love each other. Serve the world.”
Additional Opportunities (10-15 Hours)
This position provides creative space for additional ministry opportunities depending upon the gifting and passion of the individual who joins the team. This includes small groups and worship leadership.
- Assist in selection of music for services and organize the church service flow.
- Lead in some worship services
- Coordinate and assist with weekly worship rehearsals
- Work with and develop those in the church that can play musical instruments or sing to include them the worship teams
- Serve on the Worship Team
- Contribute creative ideas to the church leadership to expand the role of music in worship. Blend contemporary and traditional styles of worship music to accommodate a wide-range of worship styles
Small Group Leadership:
- Recruit, coach, and encourage small group leaders and future possible leaders.
- Lead the connection process helping people join groups and help new attendees connect with current active groups.
- Assist in selection of small group studies/topics.
- Bachelor’s degree in Youth Ministries/Education (preferred) or 3-5 years of experience.
- Demonstrates a stable, mature Christian walk and a passion for Jesus.
- Sound biblical and theological knowledge.
- Committed to the Reformed perspective/beliefs.
- Humble, faithful and teachable servant leader.
- Love for middle school and high school students (and their families).
- Experience building a team of volunteers.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Passion for excellence and high attention to detail.
- An understanding of what it means to meet students where they are at in life.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
Reports to: Administrative Board and under supervision of the Pastor of Worship and Administration
Full Time/Part Time: Dependent on candidate qualifications and desires
Application: All interested applicants must submit the following materials to email@example.com: resume, faith statement, 1 pastoral reference, and 2 personal references.