Fifth Reformed Church
Location: 2600 Breton SE Grand Rapids MI 49506
Accountable to: Jon Sherrill, and such committees as may be appointed to oversee this ministry.
Date: October 5, 2016
Summary of Position:
To pastor those attending at the Woodland Drive-In. This is predominantly a preaching role but may include teaching, home and hospital visitation, and corporate planning.
The Woodland Drive-In pastor will report to the senior pastor at Fifth Reformed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preaching ministry in this unique outdoor setting at 42-48 times per year.
- Fulfill typical roles in ministry including administration of baptism, communion and funerals.
- Provide leadership for the worship service and for the practical aspects of this ministry such as potluck dinners, and training for lot attendants, and lay leaders.
- Participate with Fifth Reformed in goal setting, and strategic planning. Develop and implement annual goals, plans and projects.
- Work closely with Fifth Reformed to shape the Annual Budget for the Drive-In, and the 3, 5 and 10 year visions for this ministry.
- Ordained clergy in a recognized Christian tradition.
- Commitment to the Drive-In mission statement, “To bring people to Jesus Christ and to help them grow in their Christian faith.”